Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   CPU Trades in Franchise (/forums/showthread.php?t=381782)

BroMontana82 12-11-2009 05:34 PM

CPU Trades in Franchise

I just simmed a few seasons in my franchise where I only controlled 1 team. I have not seen a single CPU trade. Has anyone seen any trades by the CPU in their franchise?

sniperhare 12-11-2009 05:50 PM

Re: CPU Trades in Franchise

A few in the draft, but it was usually a team trading down and only involved picks.

That's why I'm not really upset by controlling all 32 teams, it's just a little annoying.

BroMontana82 12-11-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniperhare (Post 2040544854)
A few in the draft, but it was usually a team trading down and only involved picks.

That's why I'm not really upset by controlling all 32 teams, it's just a little annoying.

yeah i like controlling all 32 teams but was thinking of trying a franchise without it in order to get trades but then saw they don't happen. this is very annoying but at least i can go back to controlling all teams...

KBLover 12-11-2009 05:53 PM

Not really, even if the CPU teams put stuff out on the trade block - I can't remember seeing a trade between CPU teams.

Haven't made it to an offseason, so don't know how frequent they are in the draft.

That said, I don't like the idea of owning the whole league. At least without owning all the teams, I can trade with the CPU. Yeah, the logic isn't the best, but at least it's not me having to figure out both sides of the trade thinking "would they accept this?" or just not making any moves at all should I get a big injury or just need to plug a hole.

BroMontana82 12-11-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBLover (Post 2040544866)
Not really, even if the CPU teams put stuff out on the trade block - I can't remember seeing a trade between CPU teams.

Haven't made it to an offseason, so don't know how frequent they are in the draft.

That said, I don't like the idea of owning the whole league. At least without owning all the teams, I can trade with the CPU. Yeah, the logic isn't the best, but at least it's not me having to figure out both sides of the trade thinking "would they accept this?" or just not making any moves at all should I get a big injury or just need to plug a hole.

i wasn't even aware of this but it's pretty frustrating. i only control all the teams in orer to change the coach profiles then i switch it back so i only control 1 team and can make trades so this will be the way to go for me i guess.

joejccva71 12-11-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambf12 (Post 2040544890)
i wasn't even aware of this but it's pretty frustrating. i only control all the teams in orer to change the coach profiles then i switch it back so i only control 1 team and can make trades so this will be the way to go for me i guess.

But once you control all the teams ast the start of franchise mode, how do you switch back? Yea you can change those options for every other team to CPU, but still the trading option is still user controlled at that point.

You can make trades but the other teams accept any trade offered. For instance, you could trade a kicker for Drew Brees and it would accept.

Not sure what you mean exactly.

RedZoneD25 12-11-2009 06:11 PM

^^ Pretty sure you can't trade K or P, but yeah I get your point lol

BroMontana82 12-11-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBLover (Post 2040544866)

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva71 (Post 2040544898)
But once you control all the teams ast the start of franchise mode, how do you switch back? Yea you can change those options for every other team to CPU, but still the trading option is still user controlled at that point.

You can make trades but the other teams accept any trade offered. For instance, you could trade a kicker for Drew Brees and it would accept.

Not sure what you mean exactly.

yeah that's what i do...i change all the options to CPU. I didn't know that you could get any trade to go through. i guess i'll just have to use my own judgment and that meter showing how willing the other team is to the trade. again, this all is very frustrating and EA needs to fix this design. why can't we change up coaching options for teams in the main screen instead of just in franchise mode??