Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   wr by sideline? (/forums/showthread.php?t=381801)

outlawz1979 12-11-2009 07:07 PM

wr by sideline?

Is the wr by sideline fixed as far as them catching the ball and dragging there feet. Seems like they kind of just go out ofbounds and still incomplete.

joejccva71 12-11-2009 07:41 PM

Re: wr by sideline?

Quote:

Originally Posted by outlawz1979 (Post 2040545072)
Is the wr by sideline fixed as far as them catching the ball and dragging there feet. Seems like they kind of just go out ofbounds and still incomplete.

Nope it's not fixed. In fact it's worse because I don't remember catches near the sideline with both feet inbounds called incomplete before. It happens now, and it's not good.

I've had SEVERAL passes thrown to a receiver on an out, and through instant replay it's CLEAR both his feet touch inbounds, but then it gets called incomplete.

foolish813 12-12-2009 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva71 (Post 2040545161)
Nope it's not fixed. In fact it's worse because I don't remember catches near the sideline with both feet inbounds called incomplete before. It happens now, and it's not good.

I've had SEVERAL passes thrown to a receiver on an out, and through instant replay it's CLEAR both his feet touch inbounds, but then it gets called incomplete.

If it's in the game, IT'S IN THE GAME!!

countryboy 12-12-2009 09:01 AM

I've thrown passes to the sideline post patch in which its been called complete. I've thrown passes to the sidelines where both feet are in bounds and its ruled incomplete. I just chalk the incomplete passes up to the receiver bobbling the ball. :)

Exonerated 12-12-2009 09:47 AM

If you want to see receivers draggin their toes at the sideline, play NCAA football!

This was in ncaa 09! How can Madden 10 have no concept of sideline play? Why are all out routes off limits?

Its either picked off or receiver catches it out of bounds. Its borderline ridiculous.

ITs just rolling dice to see if you ever complete a deep out or a quick out.

Swingking77 12-12-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exonerated (Post 2040546449)
If you want to see receivers draggin their toes at the sideline, play NCAA football!

This was in ncaa 09! How can Madden 10 have no concept of sideline play? Why are all out routes off limits?

Its either picked off or receiver catches it out of bounds. Its borderline ridiculous.

ITs just rolling dice to see if you ever complete a deep out or a quick out.

+1

I've been saying the same thing this whole time... I'd rather have the guys toe drag early and falling over inbounds, then running full blast to the sidelines and not making the catch... This is BASIC football here. Guys run these kinds of plays in high school football... Fundamentals of the game state #1. Make the catch, #2. Secure the ball, #3. If POSSIBLE advance the ball... Not advance the ball, make catch and secure ball... Terrible. And it's almost like the Madden engine is now running on the NCAA engine but with NFL rules... You could only get one foot in bounds in NCAA and the catch be good, but not here... It's the only explination I have for this poor and repeated AI year after year...

outlawz1979 12-12-2009 05:51 PM

throw a dep route it be picked off etc