Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Anyone else seeing this stuff? (/forums/showthread.php?t=381905)

slingblade73 12-12-2009 11:13 AM

Anyone else seeing this stuff?

Josh Morgan was called out of bounds and he had three steps in bounds on a TD. This is broken and is a big issue. Hell we need all our TD's. Back in the case and I may not buy Madden again. I have bought this game since it came out.

JaymeeAwesome 12-12-2009 11:31 AM

Re: Anyone else seeing this stuff?

Now that's just silly...Refs make stupid calls all the time, even with being able to review. If NFL players had the same mentality as you and going "Back in the case" then we wouldn't have football.

Bears_16_and_0 12-12-2009 12:44 PM

yep I had a game last night where a guy had 2 possibly 3 feet in and it was called incomplete. I challenged and it was reversed. TBH madden is just kinda ****ty when it comes to inbounds or not

kenlovin 12-12-2009 12:55 PM

hasnt happened to me yet but I dont think it would be that big of deal if it did, Im sure the frequency wouldnt be that high, i think youre over reacting

slingblade73 12-12-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymee13 (Post 2040546609)
Now that's just silly...Refs make stupid calls all the time, even with being able to review. If NFL players had the same mentality as you and going "Back in the case" then we wouldn't have football.

Never in all my years have I seen anyone with three feet down not have a catch ruled a TD. You missed the point.

perfectjudgment 12-12-2009 02:15 PM

My first game after downloading the new patch. I was playing against the CPU and they complete a pass out the back of the endzone. Both of the receiver's feet were clearly on the white line when he came down with it. It shows the cutscene of the refs running toward each other and declaring it a catch (not the one where they deliberate over whether or not it was a touchdown). Despite ruling it a completion, the ball was placed back at the original line of scrimmage with a loss of down, but it was still quite annoying. I wonder how that was reflected on the stat sheet.

canes21 12-12-2009 02:27 PM

Yep, I was in a party with my friend. We had both just started franchises now with the new patch. In my first game with the Seahawks against the Rams, Steven Jackson was called out of bounds on a pass. I was shocked, wen into replay. He literally had take 5 steps before going out of bounds with the ball. 5 steps!!! I told my friend and he laughed(he's a Rams fan).

Then about 5 minutes later I hear,"hows that not complete!!?". He then tells me his WR for the Bears(can't remember the name) had 4 steps in and then had the fifth on the line, but it was call incomplete and his challenge didn't change it either.

MrOctober430 12-12-2009 02:29 PM

Yeah happens to me all the time, you can't even challenge the play!