Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Problem with new roster update (/forums/showthread.php?t=382013)

joejccva71 12-12-2009 07:49 PM

Problem with new roster update

Is anyone else having an issue where NO players are injured at all on this new roster update.

For ex: I use the Skins, and Clinton Portis is on the depth chart with no injury at all, but yet according to the roster update blog it shows him being on the IR for a concussion.

I've deleted the roster file and have redownloaded it 3 times now. All players on all teams are playing and not injured or placed on the IR.

I have preexisting injuries set to on.

Santino 12-12-2009 07:51 PM

Re: Problem with new roster update

I'm guessing that was the bug that prevented it from being released yesterday, so they took everyone off the IR.

joejccva71 12-12-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santino (Post 2040547861)
I'm guessing that was the bug that prevented it from being released yesterday, so they took everyone off the IR.

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? I mean I understand they had problems but believe it or not I wanted these guys on the IR to kinda match what it is in real life.

shigogouhou 12-12-2009 07:58 PM

Too many people were on the IR, and instead of playing "Randomly select people to remove" & having the game crash itself whenever the Franchise/Superstar teams happen to put somebody on IR to overload it again, they just removed everybody.

Sucks pretty hardcore, since a lot of rosters are loaded at certain positions due to injuries (Carolina has 6 DTs and only one C, Cleveland has 6 or 7 MLBs...) that don't exist in the update so the team just has a massive stockpile.

SubZero97 12-12-2009 10:10 PM

you guys are unbelievable.

It isnt real life its a game. Either they take it make and spend another 2 weeks b4 release, or they take every1 off IR so you can enjoy the new rosters now.

Cant please every1.

joejccva71 12-12-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubZero97 (Post 2040548215)
you guys are unbelievable.

It isnt real life its a game. Either they take it make and spend another 2 weeks b4 release, or they take every1 off IR so you can enjoy the new rosters now.

Cant please every1.

No problem.

oneamongthefence 12-13-2009 03:42 AM

Yeah it kinda sucks but to keep it realistic I guess you could just keep them off the depth chart. I think the roster update did that already tho. The player isn't on ir but also isn't listed on the depth chart. It does create teams with an overkill of players at a position. On older maddens they would sometimes release these players or take them outta the game completely since ir really doesn't do anything and they needed the space for other players. Praying for IR working properly in Madden 11.

Swingking77 12-14-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva71 (Post 2040547855)
Is anyone else having an issue where NO players are injured at all on this new roster update.

For ex: I use the Skins, and Clinton Portis is on the depth chart with no injury at all, but yet according to the roster update blog it shows him being on the IR for a concussion.

I've deleted the roster file and have redownloaded it 3 times now. All players on all teams are playing and not injured or placed on the IR.

I have preexisting injuries set to on.

I'm thinking... And this is just me, but the last roster update of last year also did this in order to allow people to rest the rosters so that you could play with them after. In other words, when the season is done, you can simply reset the rosters and EVERYONE is available... Imagine if you were a Redskins fan who still owned the game in a year or so, but Portis was locked because of the IR... The depth charts are accurate though and as long as you leave those alone, you'll have "realistic" rosters...