Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I get high scoring each game on All Madden (/forums/showthread.php?t=382674)

Jhawkfootball06 12-15-2009 08:03 PM

I get high scoring each game on All Madden

Does anyone else ALWAYS get high scores for each of their games?

Playing on All Madden

I always score between 30-50 points a game and this is on All Madden.. The computer sometimes keeps up with me and I have closer games but they are all still way to highscoring.

I play on 10 minute quarters which I forget what runoff but I ALWAYS get PERFECT stats out of each of my games but they are always too highscoring

kehlis 12-15-2009 08:30 PM

Re: I get high scoring each game on All Madden

I've encountered this issue as well.

It's frustrating because the number of plays, and the stats seem to line up well, but there just seems to be big plays almost every game that drive the scores up.

There isn't much to change because the stats are good, it is just the big plays that drive the score up.

I'll go into halftime with scores like 13-7 or so, and end up with scores like 34-28.

It's frustrating at times, but I can live with it.

countryboy 12-15-2009 08:42 PM

I don't get high scoring games on All-Madden. In fact only one time in my 6 games has either team scored over 30pts.

Thru 6 weeks of my franchise here are the results:

L vs SD 20-6
W vs KC 27-14
W vs DEN 13-9
L vs HOU 28-25
L vs NYG 41-17
W vs PHI 27-17

DoubleIt5 12-15-2009 08:42 PM

If you adjust the speed threshold you can limit big plays. It evens out players SPD ratings by raising it which is frustrating in its own right but it will limit big plays and help keep the score down. I use a tweaked version of Valdarez's sliders and pick one of the six Ask-Madden plays on offense and defense. Handcuffing yourself is annoying but its the only way I have found to actually lose a game. Try beginner play calling to really handcuff yourself.

countryboy 12-15-2009 08:45 PM

I play All-Madden with Hardcore play call setting. 15 minutes with 15 sec runoff. My stats are fine and I don't see big plays. In fact, a majority of my scoring drives have come on long sustained drives.

RavensFan2k3 12-15-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2040557893)
I play All-Madden with Hardcore play call setting. 15 minutes with 15 sec runoff. My stats are fine and I don't see big plays. In fact, a majority of my scoring drives have come on long sustained drives.

those are the same exact settings I play with. What penalty sliders, if any, do you play with?

Jump 12-15-2009 09:58 PM

A lot of the big plays come because of huge YAC numbers as a result of broken tackles. I have my break tackle slider on 10, and you can still make people miss, but you won't see as many crazy plays.

circasurvive 12-16-2009 01:28 AM

I have the same issue. The other night I scored 77... Its not even my offense. I maxed out the whole madden iq thing and have played both that and all madden and still put up 50+ a game. When I scored 77 I had the ball for 2 minutes (15 min quarters and 15 sec run off).

I only got the ball once on offense where I threw a slant pass to an open Harvin who dropped the ball that floated up and was picked by the D. My defense had 9 INTs that all went for defense and I had 2 FF that both were recovered and returned for TDs. I ended the game with somewhere around 16 sacks also...

I guess I should stop nanoing the CPU.