Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Supersim CPU Games: better HB stats (/forums/showthread.php?t=382807)

adembroski 12-16-2009 11:29 AM

Supersim CPU Games: better HB stats

This is a pain, I know, but it might be worth it to those of you who want accurate franchise stats. The Supersim engine is more accurate than the regular one, but there are three disadvantages...

1. The supersim engine is built for short quarters, so you have to adjust the QTR length in franchise options to 8 or 9 minutes (I think 9 is closer to realistic, but I haven't tested extensively yet), then adjust it back to what you play with for your games.

2. You have to go into each regular season game, in order presented on the League Schedule screen. Enter the game, pick which ever team, doesn't matter, skip the intro, get through the coin toss, then pause when ready to kick off, and go to supersim. Sim the entire game, then exit. Repeat for next game until done with week or your game comes up.

3. The game will not split carries for halfbacks. Whoever the starter is will get all of the carries until he's tired. The backup will get carries, you just wont see teams splitting time. The backup will play as a backup, not a change-of-pace.

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how much better this engine is. I know from my time working with Josh that it's a completely different stat-gen engine, so I figured might as well give it a shot.

countryboy 12-16-2009 11:58 AM

Re: Supersim CPU Games: better HB stats

Adem..

Using supersim, is it causing games to be extremely high scoring? Previous to patch #2 I was using the supersim feature to help teams obtain rushing TD's, but the scores were extremely high in every game. Is this still an issue?

adembroski 12-16-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2040559342)
Adem..

Using supersim, is it causing games to be extremely high scoring? Previous to patch #2 I was using the supersim feature to help teams obtain rushing TD's, but the scores were extremely high in every game. Is this still an issue?

I haven't noticed anything, but remember that you have to lower the quarter length for SupSim games... at 15 minute quarters, the game is going to sim close to 100 snaps per team. Drop it down to 9 minute quarters to get more reasonable numbers.

This means you'll have to switch it back and forth between what you play for your games and for simmed games in franchise mode. It's a pain, like I said, but it'll be worth the investment for some people I'm sure if we don't find any other glaring problems with this sim engine.

Palo20 12-16-2009 12:18 PM

Prior to the patch, supersimmed games never recorded assisted tackles, only solos. Is this still the case?

JGRIPP81 12-16-2009 02:36 PM

adem, have you checked to see if the fatigue sliders have any effect on when they do sub players in? if they do im sure there is a way to set the game up to have a "2 back" system.

adembroski 12-16-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palo20 (Post 2040559390)
Prior to the patch, supersimmed games never recorded assisted tackles, only solos. Is this still the case?

Hadn't noticed that before, but no, only solo tackles.

Palo20 12-16-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2040560626)
Hadn't noticed that before, but no, only solo tackles.

Yeah, that's the only issue I have with the supersims. Otherwise, they're usually a decent option for simming games.

adembroski 12-17-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palo20 (Post 2040560868)
Yeah, that's the only issue I have with the supersims. Otherwise, they're usually a decent option for simming games.

Personally, I think I'm going to take the trade off. Rush yards are more critical than tackles.