Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Am I the only one really enjoying this game after patch #2??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=382825)

DarthRambo 12-16-2009 01:46 PM

Am I the only one really enjoying this game after patch #2???

I mean for real guys, all I see is complaints about the stats, but with the right sliders the gameplay is the best I've seen in a Madden, period! I am 5-7 with the Lions now, losing streak of 2, bout to play Ravens, so prolly 5-8. Stafford out for rest of season(4 weeks) after last game loss to Bengals. I'm absolutely lovin this game now after patch 2, and with some nice slider adjustments. Am I really the only one that cares more about gameplay than RB stats???

trick02 12-16-2009 01:49 PM

Re: Am I the only one really enjoying this game after patch #2???

I haven't bothered with Franchise with the broken stats but online is good and i plan to check out this new card thing when it comes out.

DrewsLions 12-16-2009 02:03 PM

Nope... you're not the only one. By controlling all 32 teams and a good, hard set of sliders... I'm grooving to a hard-fought 0-4 with my Lion's franchise (lost three heartbreakers all by less than 7 and got rolled by the Vikings and Peterson). Very realistic right now. Yeah, there's the sack/rush avg stat issue... quite annoying, but all-in-all... most fun with Madden I've had in years.

Now if we could just get to the point where we could start our franchises before Christmas each year................

DarthRambo 12-16-2009 02:24 PM

[quote=DrewsLions;2040559681]Nope... you're not the only one. By controlling all 32 teams and a good, hard set of sliders... I'm grooving to a hard-fought 0-4 with my Lion's franchise (lost three heartbreakers all by less than 7 and got rolled by the Vikings and Peterson). Very realistic right now. Yeah, there's the sack/rush avg stat issue... quite annoying, but all-in-all... most fun with Madden I've had in years.

Now if we could just get to the point where we could start our franchises before Christmas each year................[/quote]

No joke! I only control Lions... I'm doin a little better prolly cuz I created 3 guys(me and a couple buddies) on the team. We're not highly rated(84 ovr for all of us), but it def helps. I'm SS and lead team in tackes by 1 haha... I am really enjoying the game though.

countryboy 12-16-2009 02:31 PM

as I've said before...the game is golden to me post patch.

3-3 right now with my Raiders. :)

Hova57 12-16-2009 03:09 PM

took a hard loss to saints last night in my eagles chise , pissed me off i got a safety on run play my fault and they get the ball back i stop they blitz the crap out of me and i lose on pretty much a hail mary pass with ten seconds left.

Lauxman 12-16-2009 03:47 PM

The interceptions are still ********. Tipped balls float down to the ground as slowly as helicopters landing, it is one of the most bull**** things I've ever seen. I don't understand how any dev is so ******** as to not put some sort of gravity in their game. Are we playing on the moon?

Altimus 12-16-2009 03:52 PM

I like the game, a lot. Is it perfect? No way but it is a fun experience for me.

I started a new dynasty yesterday with the Raiders. Simmed ahead into year 2 as that is what I always due when I start my 2nd dynasty around this time of year. 2-1 with the Raiders right now. Defense is a beast... especially since I drafted Brandon Spikes from Florida. 88 rated and moved him to OLB.