Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   A Football Game Theory Thread! (/forums/showthread.php?t=383570)

lasthour 12-20-2009 01:07 PM

A Football Game Theory Thread!

What if football game developers tried this?

Create a football game that uses the balance of say Street Fighter 4. To make the gameplay more authentic, I would break the playbooks down into 3 different game plans that focused on trying to exploit defensive weaknesses or offensive strengths. Each team would have a least 2 unique playbooks. Also the playbooks would be limited, but can be adjusted at half time. This would help to give the user a real sense of game planning and coaching adjustments.

What if they did this?

Make the game sim stat wise, but give the game some "videogame" elements. The cut scenes and player celebrations should be seamless, vary from player to player and team to team. Give stars and big plays the "something special just happened play/cut scene".

And this....

Give the team tiers and somehow reward low tier team victories or in game accomplishments with an incentive that could help that team to win the game. You should really have to know how to use a low tier team and have good playcalling to compete, but have it so that it can be done on a decent level and there should be some sort of team ranking similar to the Call of Duty online rankings and may even unlock a few trick plays if you achieve a certain team status or in game accomplishments. WOW!

Just throwing around some ideas that I think are sorely missing from sport games that other game are cashing in on. Sport game are getting too complicated and losing its competitive nature because of this IMHO.

A man can dream can't he.

ICAR
CDC

lasthour 12-20-2009 06:35 PM

Re: A Football Game Theory Thread!

Does anyone think that something similar to this can be done or will we continue to get the same type of experience this GEN?

sb24 12-20-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasthour (Post 2040572342)
Does anyone think that something similar to this can be done or will we continue to get the same type of experience this GEN?

Were dealing with madden and you want all of this? No we wont see that on this gen. Aside from that, i only want one playbook to run with. Maybe have a practice feature where you focus on certain plays making them more successful in that weeks game. If there was competition between games you could maybe start to expect more in depth features but madden and backbreaker dont count.

Personally, i think you should look in to text based sims.

lasthour 12-20-2009 07:10 PM

I am not asking for Madden or Backbreaker to do this. I do not care who does it. I just feel that sport games are lagging behind some of the other games as far as it competitive nature.

I have also always preferred to play my games over reading text or simming,. Hence, the very reason, why I think that the games could be improved by using ideas from the games I mentioned.

Other games have shown that this can be done.

Text based.....text based.............are you serious?

lasthour 12-20-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb24 (Post 2040572369)
Were dealing with madden and you want all of this? No we wont see that on this gen. Aside from that, i only want one playbook to run with. Maybe have a practice feature where you focus on certain plays making them more successful in that weeks game. If there was competition between games you could maybe start to expect more in depth features but madden and backbreaker dont count.

Personally, i think you should look in to text based sims.

I hope they can come with some competition then.

Cryolemon 12-27-2009 03:04 PM

Text based games are ok if they are well done (Worldwide Soccer Manager, OOTP, etc).