Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   is there a way to re-sign a coach? (/forums/showthread.php?t=384155)

-Boss- 12-23-2009 03:27 PM

is there a way to re-sign a coach?

i am the cardinals and when whisenhunt's contract ran out and i tried to re-sign him, it said the raiders countered it (i don't understand since he was my coach). then i offered him a offensive coordinator job and he accepted. weird.

Antec 12-23-2009 04:19 PM

Re: is there a way to re-sign a coach?

I don't think it's possible to truly resign him, but you can fire him with 1 year left in his contract and then re-hire him. You could also just offer him more money than what the Raiders offer was.

-Boss- 12-23-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antec (Post 2040581050)
I don't think it's possible to truly resign him, but you can fire him with 1 year left in his contract and then re-hire him. You could also just offer him more money than what the Raiders offer was.

i did. it kept saying the raiders countered and it was a smaller offer.

DATCAMERAMAN ah 12-23-2009 05:13 PM

i think you have to extend the contract before it expires? idk i might be wrong. or you can just fire and re-hire

Antec 12-24-2009 09:40 PM

If you up the salary to the full interest bar and make an offer like 2-3 times he'll eventually give in. It's not like the money really does anything except buy stadium upgrades that have no effect.

tru2dagame 12-24-2009 09:55 PM

good info because i had a steelers franchise and i couldnt resign him so now my coaching stats went down to 1/2 a bar