Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Patch #2 Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=384490)

patssox2004 12-25-2009 09:15 PM

Patch #2 Question

Should I not download the patch at all, if it is causing franchise problems? I just got the game, and mainly play it for franchise, so should I not even bother? What did Patches #1 and #2 adress anyways?

Bballplaya72 12-25-2009 09:47 PM

Re: Patch #2 Question

No.

For me, it ruins franchise. I am regretting ever doing it.

Top RB's average 6-7YPC, usually 2-4 RB's rush for over 2,000 yards every season, and usually 2-4 DE's/OLB's have at least 20 sacks.

I'm trying to find ways around this, but the 2nd patch absolutely ruined franchise mode.

Absolutely ruined it.

countryboy 12-25-2009 09:47 PM

I would d/l patch 2 for the gameplay improvements. Yes, the stats are a bit inflated, but the gameplay is soooo much better post patch #2 vs prior.

countryboy 12-25-2009 09:50 PM

sorry for double post but a few things.

* if you decide the stats are too much to bear, you can delete the patch and play without it

* prior to patch #2, RB's weren't getting rushing TD's and sacks were way too low, especially for OLB's, meaning teams that used a 3-4 were kinda overlooked. Also the passing stats were a bit inflated due to the lack of rushing TD's.

In a nutshell, the stats are off whether you play pre-patch or post patch, but as I said above, the gameplay is much better after patch #2 that it, imo, makes the stats issue much more tolerable.

Bballplaya72 12-25-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2040585393)
sorry for double post but a few things.

* if you decide the stats are too much to bear, you can delete the patch and play without it

* prior to patch #2, RB's weren't getting rushing TD's and sacks were way too low, especially for OLB's, meaning teams that used a 3-4 were kinda overlooked. Also the passing stats were a bit inflated due to the lack of rushing TD's.

In a nutshell, the stats are off whether you play pre-patch or post patch, but as I said above, the gameplay is much better after patch #2 that it, imo, makes the stats issue much more tolerable.

Gameplay is better, but how can you deal with multiple backs having 2,000 yards and averaging 6+ YPC, and multiple players having over 20 sacks???

And how do you delete a patch? I'm not trying to delete my entire Madden file either.

countryboy 12-25-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bballplaya72 (Post 2040585397)
Gameplay is better, but how can you deal with multiple backs having 2,000 yards and averaging 6+ YPC, and multiple players having over 20 sacks???

And how do you delete a patch? I'm not trying to delete my entire Madden file either.

the stats don't bother me. I played 4 seasons, well I was in my 4th season, with the stats and gameplay how they were prior to the 2nd patch. As I said, stats are an issue either way, but for me, the improved gameplay is reason enough, imo, to download the patch.

And I'm not sure how to delete the patch on the 360. Sorry. :(

Bballplaya72 12-25-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2040585404)
the stats don't bother me. I played 4 seasons, well I was in my 4th season, with the stats and gameplay how they were prior to the 2nd patch. As I said, stats are an issue either way, but for me, the improved gameplay is reason enough, imo, to download the patch.

And I'm not sure how to delete the patch on the 360. Sorry. :(

I played 7 years with a Bengals franchise and put up with the low sacks, and with low YPC for 2nd string backs. It was the most fun I've had in any Madden franchise since Madden 06 for original Xbox.

Now I cant even play one season.

countryboy 12-25-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bballplaya72 (Post 2040585413)
I played 7 years with a Bengals franchise and put up with the low sacks, and with low YPC for 2nd string backs. It was the most fun I've had in any Madden franchise since Madden 06 for original Xbox.

Now I cant even play one season.

I wish I could provide the instructions on how to delete the 2nd patch, but again, I'm not sure how on the 360.

The only problem now is that you can't play with the 1st patch, because it makes you d/l both of them. :(