Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Rcruiting ?? Is it hard as 2k8? (/forums/showthread.php?t=385373)

ZoneKIller 12-30-2009 07:54 AM

Rcruiting ?? Is it hard as 2k8?

Im playing 2k8 and I promise ya every recruit I get to 100 never signs with me.But every recruit I DONOT mess with SIGNS with me.Very Frustrating!

So Im asking is this games recruiting as hard as 2k8?

ZoneKIller 12-31-2009 09:42 AM

Re: Rcruiting ?? Is it hard as 2k8?

anybody?

canes21 12-31-2009 02:34 PM

Not really. I always had trouble in 2k8, but in my SMU dynasty I just signed two 3 star PF's. They were the only recruits I was going after. And I guess beating #24 Texas A&M by two points also factored in to their decision.

ILLSmak 01-01-2010 11:53 AM

This is OT, but I wanted to give you a bit of 2k8 recruiting tips.

1. The starting number doesn't matter, it's the number in relationship to other schools.

2. Watch for players who have 100 interest in a school that is already giving out all of their scholarships. This goes for good 3 stars and sometimes 4 stars. If you see Duke on someone's list way up top and they aren't a super stud, you can assume that Duke is going to pass on them.

3. 3 star starts at 101, I think, and you probably know that, but don't forget that there isn't much difference between 101 and 90... or even 101 and 25. The computer doesn't seem to understand this, either, because big schools pass on great 3 star talent every year.

That's all.

-Smak

rairjordan 01-14-2010 08:21 PM

Smak,

Hey - unrelated to this thread (sorry), but can you please send me an e-mail? I saw a post you made on another forum about Historic Games on the Internet. I have about 900 Jordan games on VHS DVD and would love to work out some trade with you...

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks in advance...

OpTiOnMaStA 01-17-2010 12:06 PM

Simple answer: in no way shape or form is recruiting in NCAA 10 harder than 2k8. It's not even on the same level.

The longer answer, I guess, is that there are some tricks to it that aren't apparent from the manual or the game itself (and I am still figuring them out as I go along thanks to the help of these boards and continuing to play the game). One example is that when you do in season recruiting you get a set amount of points at the beginning to spread out through the whole period rather than a point total that reloads after each week.

I don't really like recruiting in this game. If you want to know what it's like, it is pretty much as basic as recruiting in NCAA Football could be. It's very similar to that but scaled way back with less depth. Signing recruits who want to come to your school isn't difficult at all, though.

Zeppelin8 01-17-2010 01:01 PM

It can be brutal with a 2* prestige, 2* schoold pride team. If you dont have decent seniors nor decent underclassmen and having losing seasons its pretty much impossible to turn it around.

nolan273 01-19-2010 03:37 PM

Yeah, it's pretty simplistic. I'm playing with Memphis and I was able to sign four 4-star players (C, 2 PF, SF). The main problem is that it's so bare-bones that it seems more like a chore. I wish it were more involved like CH 2K8.