Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   my starting qb won't play (/forums/showthread.php?t=386487)

Victor Fox 01-05-2010 02:57 PM

my starting qb won't play

I know i saw a similar thread a while back, but a ten minutes search yielded no results...

My 1st string QB cannot play. He is not injured. He was just signed to a massive 6 yr contract. The 2nd string qb automatically starts, and using the "backup qb" package just keeps the 2nd stringer in.

nld230 01-05-2010 04:23 PM

Re: my starting qb won't play

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Fox (Post 2040616090)
I know i saw a similar thread a while back, but a ten minutes search yielded no results...

My 1st string QB cannot play. He is not injured. He was just signed to a massive 6 yr contract. The 2nd string qb automatically starts, and using the "backup qb" package just keeps the 2nd stringer in.

I have had similar problems. A user created WR, 92 overall, signed to a 7 year deal, doesn't play, even though he is healthy and on the depth chart. I thought this was fixed post patch 2, but it happend to me a few days ago again.

The only solution, and it isn't a great one, is to release the player, then resign him. The cap penalties are going to hurt you in the next offseason, but as far as I know it is the only way to put him back in.

billyboy316 01-05-2010 05:01 PM

Yep had it happen to me today with Urlacher. It was year 2 and he wasn't injured. Nothing I did worked so I just traded him to the Titans for their rookie linebacker. Worked out good for me because that linebacker is rated 80 and A potential.

Victor Fox 01-05-2010 05:16 PM

perfect. thanks guys!

Klue516 01-06-2010 01:46 AM

What is the cause for this occurrence?

GlennN 01-06-2010 10:11 AM

Yep, me too. Created DE, 97 overall, not hurt, on the depth chart, but never plays. Whether I play the game or sim, he never plays. I may have to try releasing and resigning him. I didn't think of that (I play with cap off anyway). Does that actually work?

RavensFan2k3 01-06-2010 10:27 AM

Perhaps an answer?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...le-glitch.html

Azcardinal32 01-06-2010 10:31 AM

What no dev has even mentioned about this game is that players DO demand trades in franchise... its just that you may not realize it. It usually happens in the offseason, you can check this by going to the NFL info tab and looking at transactions and it'll say "(Player) is demanding a trade from (your team)" I know you can see this in the offseason but idk if it will show up in transactions during the season. The only way to fix this is by either trading them or releasing and resigning them (very expensive options due to cap penalties).