Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Signing free agents during season (/forums/showthread.php?t=386699)

williest311 01-06-2010 07:29 PM

Signing free agents during season

Why is the computer able to sign free agents for the amount listed in the cap number (e.g. 750k) but if I try to sign that same player, they request millions of dollars? Any help would be appreciated.

LHSLax_D24 01-06-2010 09:45 PM

Re: Signing free agents during season

Because they cheat you, just like an video game.

To sign the player, Find out the signing bonus he is asking for. Add it to the salary, then set the signing bonus to 0. See if he accepts, if he doesn't, I usually go up by 5 increments until he signs. This way you can cut or trade them for no penalty.

RavensFan2k3 01-06-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24 (Post 2040620267)

To sign the player, Find out the signing bonus he is asking for. Add it to the salary, then set the signing bonus to 0. See if he accepts, if he doesn't, I usually go up by 5 increments until he signs. This way you can cut or trade them for no penalty.

You could do that, but that player with cost you more against your cap.

LHSLax_D24 01-06-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 (Post 2040620328)
You could do that, but that player with cost you more against your cap.

True, but then I try and sign a cheaper guy because I manage my cap well, and the only time I'm close to the limit is during the season. Also, during the season I usually sign FA's for depth.

DoubleIt5 01-07-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24 (Post 2040620267)

I agree that is a "CPU Cheat" but I think it is necessary. The CPU manages their teams so poorly that if they paid what a user pays they couldn't compete. Just my opinion.