Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How do I... (/forums/showthread.php?t=386771)

DoubleIt5 01-07-2010 04:52 AM

How do I...

get updated rosters without a router for my XBox-360? I have a wireless connection for my laptop but do not have a router for my XBox. Is there anyway to download it to my computer and transfer via ethernet cables or some other way to my XBox? If not, does anyone have a site I can go to to find complete updated rosters and I will just edit the default ones?

-hush- 01-07-2010 08:45 AM

Re: How do I...

You have a few options.

1) Get a wireless adapter for the Xbox 360. Kind of an expensive route.

2) Get a memory card and put your Xbox Live profile on it. Then take it and Madden to someones house that you know that has a 360 hooked up to the internet. Sign into your profile, start up Madden and download the roster. Save it to the memory card and then be on your way.

3) Get a memory card and a transfer kit. Find a place that has rosters online and use the transfer kit to transfer them from your PC to your memory card.

DoubleIt5 01-07-2010 04:50 PM

What about a site with viewable updated rosters so I can just edit mine?

LHSLax_D24 01-07-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleIt5 (Post 2040621060)
get updated rosters without a router for my XBox-360? I have a wireless connection for my laptop but do not have a router for my XBox. Is there anyway to download it to my computer and transfer via ethernet cables or some other way to my XBox? If not, does anyone have a site I can go to to find complete updated rosters and I will just edit the default ones?

Yes I do this as well.
First you go into our wireless connection. Don't click it, but right-click and go to 'Network and Sharing Center'. Then there are tabs on the right, click 'Manage network connections'. You should have your wireless connection and something called 'Local Area Connection'. Highlight them both and click on 'Bridge Connections'.

Now plug in your Ethernet cable to your laptop and 360 and it should work.

Here is a link if you didn't follow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j397G...eature=related

It's a bit different, but I don't need to go to properties in the last part, I just bridge connections.

DoubleIt5 01-11-2010 04:12 PM

I have the ethernet cable that came with the Xbox. This might be a dumb question but how do I use that? It has the regular ethernet end and a square end, I don't see where I can connect the square end on either my laptop or my XBox?

Valdarez 01-11-2010 04:19 PM

There should be a way to tether your 360 to your laptop via the ethernet cable, though I have never done it myself. Might try googling 'tether xbox 360 to laptop' and see if you can't find something there.