Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New EA Tiburon Creative Director (/forums/showthread.php?t=387017)

Valdarez 01-08-2010 02:48 PM

New EA Tiburon Creative Director

It will be interesting to see how a director of over the top sports games can aid in the development of sim games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6245109...dlines;title;1

jfsolo 01-08-2010 02:55 PM

Re: New EA Tiburon Creative Director

My knee jerk reaction is to be nervous, thinking that games which are already too User friendly IMO, will now be even more so.

Pacman83 01-08-2010 03:01 PM

Sounds good to me. Seems like the series is going upward.

Vikes1 01-08-2010 03:06 PM

I guess it'd be easy to have a knee jerk response of....oh no.

I have to admit, I guess I'm not feeling too comfortable about a guy who's focus has been primarily on arcade games coming to Madden. Time will tell if his background makes an impact on the game.

Edit: I used the term "Knee jerk response" before seeing your post Jfsolo. So no offense meant.

XtremeDunkz 01-08-2010 03:30 PM

don't like the sound of it. A few things that bothered me.

"making the game easier to pick up and play"

"how to make plays/moves more impactful and entertaining,"

"The industry and audience is changing fairly dramatically, and often times our customer is looking for a quicker, more streamlined experience"

KBLover 01-08-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremedunkz (Post 2040626881)
"The industry and audience is changing fairly dramatically, and often times our customer is looking for a quicker, more streamlined experience"

Isn't this why they invented Madden Arcade?

I hope they don't change the "main" series to match more like Arcade.

Otherwise, I better start reading up on Football Mogul for next season.

DerkontheOS 01-08-2010 03:41 PM

I don't like this at all.... Also, why are there two threads about this?

REDRZA 01-08-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBLover (Post 2040626895)
Isn't this why they invented Madden Arcade?

I hope they don't change the "main" series to match more like Arcade.

Otherwise, I better start reading up on Football Mogul for next season.

Folks i am 36 years old, and have loved and had passion for the Madden series since literally day 1, way back in 1989 on sega genesis. My problem with the game over the last few years is not just how good or bad each iteration of the game is each year, its just that its STALE now.

It amazes me how fans of this game and more importantly the series squabble every year about certain features, or minor gameplay details. The fact of the matter is that over the years, other than features add or removed, the core game has felt the same for far too long.

Madden 10 in all honesty has been one of the BEST versions they have made to date. As far as this engine/engines, or game goes (however you want to verbalize it), its not a BAD game at all, its just same ol, same ol. I am ready for a NEW, FRESH NFL Football experience. Different animations and physics and player movement. More intelligent, adaptive AI. Just a newer, better product overall.

I fear we will never get this newer or better experience with Tiburon at the helm. They haven't changed much over the years and the game sells, so corporate EA is happy. Guess we will have to wait and hope EA eventually loses the exclusive license to see what other creative developers can do with the NFL experience.

I for one would love to see what Sony's MLB The Show studio could do with the NFL with that level of detail. Or 2K putting a real effort into a next generation NFL title. Madden is just stale now.