Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   We need a better way to identify how people play. (/forums/showthread.php?t=387130)

CVELL 01-09-2010 08:42 AM

We need a better way to identify how people play.

I will concede defeat on getting cheeseball out of Madden.

So all I ask is to make it easier to identify who we are playing while at the team select screen.

DNF is good in theory, but we all know you can be kicked out of games.

I think seeing some of the information from the scouting screen would be nice. No huddle, scramble on pass play, you know, things you can't hide about how you play.

Maybe even have structured lobbies where you can't get in with a DNF higher than (?) percent.

Or a Die Hard Fan lobby. Where you can only play with your favorite team and cannot change any of their playbooks. This would be cool. No more matching up to exploit a disadvantage. Just pick your team and live and die with them.

Thanks

sportyguyfl31 01-09-2010 09:47 AM

Re: We need a better way to identify how people play.

I agree 100%

There's no way of knowing for sure, who you are playing, until you are in game.

Something like 2k's feedback ratign would be a good start.

I have a 33% DNF %, but that is solely because I will not waste on second of time with a cheeser or someone who is just plain stupid.

The second any childish antics come out, I'm gone. I'm not wasting the time

Pared 01-09-2010 09:54 AM

You mean a... *GASP* VIP?

Something 2k implemented years ago?

*Faints*

Even with these sort of things, you have to realize that you won't weed out every person 100%. Even if you do, what if that one game the guy just wants to play like an idiot?

Nothing you can do.

ANDROMADA 1 01-09-2010 10:02 AM

Anything would be better than the way it is handled now. Thats why I rarely play randoms...Its too much of a crap shoot. if they do challenge me I send them a msg regarding game play and what I expect. You'd be surprised how many cats don't know what "SIM" means....lol I had a guy say that, I just said that I expect a mature/Straight gaming experience...He didnt reply:splat:

CreatineKasey 01-09-2010 10:02 AM

Well, something is better than nothing. Right now I usually just go on games played and DNF%. It'd be nice to have a few things like "scramble %", "hurry-up %", and "Pass/Run ratio". From that, I'd have a pretty good idea what I'm facing. Another good marker would be punt blocks and FG blocks.

With those tools I think you could weed out bad opponents pretty easily.

Pared 01-09-2010 10:08 AM

Fair enough... something is certainly better than nothing. :)

BTG 01-09-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreatineKasey (Post 2040628806)
Well, something is better than nothing. Right now I usually just go on games played and DNF%. It'd be nice to have a few things like "scramble %", "hurry-up %", and "Pass/Run ratio". From that, I'd have a pretty good idea what I'm facing.

All of those things are available for you to see in the other player's profile (accessible from the lobby), along with seeing the player's last ten games and their average yardage and whatnot.

CreatineKasey 01-09-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTG (Post 2040628834)
All of those things are available for you to see in the other player's profile (accessible from the lobby), along with seeing the player's last ten games and their average yardage and whatnot.

Really... do you just hit a button at the matchup screen? I need to get at this.