Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Imported Draft Classes; The lack of 1st rd QBs (/forums/showthread.php?t=387179)

Jimixiii 01-09-2010 03:58 PM

Imported Draft Classes; The lack of 1st rd QBs

Does anyone know what ratings in NCAA especially for QB's that can be boosted up to help create more, or in most cases now ANY 1st rd prospects for QBs? This year is completely horrible in Madden for imported draft classes, especially in the QB position. No matter what, Colt McCoy ends NCAA with about a 98 OVR & the top five best QBs in NCAA but is at most a 5th round prospect with only a 50-59 OVR...? Is there anything to help this???

After about the 2nd draft class there are just NO 1st & most time even 2nd rd prospects for QBs...sad & ridiculous.

Victor Fox 01-09-2010 05:05 PM

Re: Imported Draft Classes; The lack of 1st rd QBs

Yeah, this is one of my biggest gripes with importing NCAA Draft Classes. It's great in theory, but its carried out with about as much consistency as a d20 roll.

It's been said before that if you edit McCoy's height by adding a couple inches, then he will come in as a 1st round draft pick.

The thing that frustrates me is how something like a SPD rating gets screwed up. I had a QB in NCAA who left for the draft with:

SPD - 93
THP - 97
THA - 94

but was projected to the 6th round as:

SPD - 71
THP - 81
Short - 75
Med - 71
Deep - 66

The speed thing is what frustrated me the most. It's not like he broke both his legs at the combine.

BornWithRage 01-09-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Fox (Post 2040629833)
The speed thing is what frustrated me the most. It's not like he broke both his legs at the combine.

Yea, i could see that being frustrating, but i think the speed rating should be relative like that - the average college linebacker and DE is not as fast as the average nfl player at those positions, so your speedy qb shouldn't be able to outrun them like he could in college.

Victor Fox 01-09-2010 05:38 PM

completely understandable, but Vick and Young are just as fast as they were in college, and both are like, what, 88 and 89 spd? I just don't see how my speed qb gets dropped down to being slower than McNabb and Romo.

Heisman 01-09-2010 05:44 PM

I really don't see this.. I had Colt McCoy come out a 74 with B potential and a first round grade which is fine.

Speed is a problem with late round picks, but early in the draft I think speed is decent with fast players.

CWSapp757 01-09-2010 06:14 PM

I see this issue but not consistently. The player ratings fluctuate a great deal. For example, the very first time I imported the draft class, Tim Tebow was projected as a first round draft pick and had a 79 OVR. I started a new franchise last night with the same draft class and he was still projected to go in the first round but this time he was a 68 OVR. Initially I hated the inconsistency but since I do a lot of different franchises, this keeps it interesting for me.

Jimixiii 01-09-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWSapp757 (Post 2040630082)
I see this issue but not consistently. The player ratings fluctuate a great deal. For example, the very first time I imported the draft class, Tim Tebow was projected as a first round draft pick and had a 79 OVR. I started a new franchise last night with the same draft class and he was still projected to go in the first round but this time he was a 68 OVR. Initially I hated the inconsistency but since I do a lot of different franchises, this keeps it interesting for me.

That's not a problem with me either, but after year 3 I'm pretty much not seeing ANY 1st or 2nd or even sometimes 3rd round QBs in my franchises leaving me with QBs drafted with 40 to low 60 overalls. I have one franchise simmed to year 2012 & there were maybe 4 or 5 1st & 1st-2nd rd QBs during that whole time & NO Top 10 or Top 5 QBs at all.

I'm wondering if its the re-rate NCAA rosters causing this or something..?

RavensFan2k3 01-09-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornWithRage (Post 2040629913)
Yea, i could see that being frustrating, but i think the speed rating should be relative like that - the average college linebacker and DE is not as fast as the average nfl player at those positions, so your speedy qb shouldn't be able to outrun them like he could in college.

But I dont think they should make the physical ratings in NCAA relative to those in Madden. Like instead of looking it at as, "this player is a 99 speed for a NCAA record, therefore he's a 96 in Madden", I think there should be a direct translation. So to compensate, players in NCAA should be lower than they are now. For example, the fasted players in NCAA have a 99 speed rating, because they are the fasted players in college. But when they go to Madden, their speed lowers because they arent as fast as NFL players. Right now the fasted players in Madden I believe are Devin Hester and Chris Johnson. Are the fastest players in NCAA as fast as them? If yes, then they should also have 99 speed, and when translated to Madden, they still have 99 speed. If they arent, then in NCAA they should be slower, maybe 95 or 96 speed, and when translated into Madden, they remain the same. So having a player with speed in the 90s in NCAA would be a big deal because when they go to Madden, they'll keep their speed, instead of having people rated high and to compensate and lower physical ratings.

I think that compensation is stupid, its like saying a college player can throw the ball 75 yards in college, but in the Madden(NFL) he can only throw 65? A player runs a 4.3 in college, but in the NFL(Madden) he runs a 4.48? Or a player can bench 225 35x in college, but can only bench 225 28x in the NFL? Thats how the system works right now, which I think is completely ********...

On average players in the NFL are faster than in college, yes, so make it that way. On average, players in Madden should be faster than players in NCAA so they can be directly comparable, as opposed to making it relative to NCAA or relative to Madden. Hope that all make sense.