Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Detroit Lions "chise ideas... (/forums/showthread.php?t=387264)

inmyworld1987 01-10-2010 01:13 AM

Detroit Lions "chise ideas...

Hello all!!

Im at work right now but when I get home I was thinking of starting a new 'chise with my team Detroit Lions... Here's my first order of business I would like to to have some feedback on.

I'm a huge fan of the 3-4 so I would like to run that...I'm a huge Justin Tuck fan but he's really not your typical 3-4 DE, but would he work? I was thinking this trade

Trade:
WR Calvin Johnson

To NYG:
DE Justin Tuck
2rd pick ( maybe 1st and 3rd but I have no idea if they'll accepet that)

I'm all about fairness so I think this would a typical NFL Trade...plus I like to run the ball more than I throw and i could snag a speedy WR that I like at less of a cost

Any other ideas greatly appreciated

24 01-10-2010 02:59 AM

Re: Detroit Lions "chise ideas...

your proposed trade boggles my mind not only is it unrealistic but why in gods name would you give up Calvin Johnson possibly the best reciever in the game due to his high attributes at a young age. not to mention the salary cap hit your going to take if you trade him dont trade for anyone build through the draft

inmyworld1987 01-10-2010 04:18 AM

Actually it's a very realistic trade possiblity. I've heard reports the Lions are very open to the idea of trading Megatron if the right deal is struck....Jerry Reese (GM of NYG) was all up on CJ during the draft and with there lack of WR's I could see something of this nature espically for the Lions needed upgrades everywhere..

Also in Madden I like to have a top notch D, I maybe toss the ball 10X a game I like griding it out with clock control so a WR that cost $$ like CJ really isn't what I need, plus I like building threw the draft as you mention so extra picks are always worth it

I'll take a BIG cap hit but I hardly sign any top $$$ FA's, so I can tough it out for a season...I'm always up for ideas.

Marsh43 01-10-2010 05:49 AM

Id keep CJ. Use your picks to acquire Tuck!

DoubleIt5 01-10-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inmyworld1987 (Post 2040631752)
Hello all!!

Im at work right now but when I get home I was thinking of starting a new 'chise with my team Detroit Lions... Here's my first order of business I would like to to have some feedback on.

I'm a huge fan of the 3-4 so I would like to run that...I'm a huge Justin Tuck fan but he's really not your typical 3-4 DE, but would he work? I was thinking this trade

Trade:
WR Calvin Johnson

To NYG:
DE Justin Tuck
2rd pick ( maybe 1st and 3rd but I have no idea if they'll accepet that)

I'm all about fairness so I think this would a typical NFL Trade...plus I like to run the ball more than I throw and i could snag a speedy WR that I like at less of a cost

Any other ideas greatly appreciated

In the NFL Tuck is too undersized to play 3-4 DE, but in Madden he would do just fine for you. If you mainly run the ball go for it. You can get a WR from FA that will work this year and pick up a stud in the draft (always seem to have a few in every class). I would maybe look to work Bradshaw into the mix to go along with Smith, add a 3rd or 4th round pick from you. Or if you are looking for just Tuck I'd change the 2nd to a 3rd to make it a little more realistic. Maybe a 6th too.