Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Thoughts on Ultimate Team (HUM vs. HUM) (/forums/showthread.php?t=387329)

Dianwei32 01-10-2010 12:48 PM

Thoughts on Ultimate Team (HUM vs. HUM)

Alright, so I had a couple bucks leftover from a PSN card that I used to buy some Rock Band songs, so I was able to bolster my deck with Gold Pack and 2 Silver Packs, and since then I've played 2 games against other people... here are some thoughts I've had on it:

1. They need to work on matching people up better. My team is an 83 OVR (got a few Gold Skill position players, Matt Schuab, Matt Forte, Dwayne Bowe, Mike Jenkins), and the first game I played was against a guy with a 64 OVR and the second against a 94 OVR.

The second guy had a completely stacked team, here are just a few notables: Chad Ochocinco, Reggie Wayne, Donovan McNabb, Deangelo Williams, Muarice Jones-Drew, Leonard Weaver, Thomas Jones... and that was just his offense. He could have crushed me a lot harder than he did (lost 38-21, had a BS INT that should have been illegal contact), but all he did was scramble with McNabb and throw is to Weaver who was lined up at TE (Thomas Jones was at FB). MJD only had 3 carries in the first 3 quarters.

They need to work on matching up players so that teams aren't as one-sided.

2. They need to tweak the coin values for winning/losing. If you lose a game badly (maybe by 14+) I think that you should get more coins because you obviously need help with your players. I know that they're trying to get people to pay for cards by making it harder to get good cards with coins, but it's rediculous the way it is now.

If I hadn't bought some packs with money, they by the time I played my initial 10 games and 2/3 of my team's contracts run out, I would only have around 3000-4000 coins, basically limiting my self to buying bronze packs to try and replenish my now depleted team unless I want to gamble that a silver pack will have the exact right distribution of players to help fill out my roster.

I think they need to up the coins rewarded across the board, but especially if you lose consistently or badly so that you can get better cards to help yourself win.