Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bad news for Madden 11 and NCAA 11 (/forums/showthread.php?t=387451)

here_come_the_pats 01-10-2010 11:29 PM

Bad news for Madden 11 and NCAA 11

In what I consider a terrible design move for EA Sports, but whom Ian Cummings thinks is a great decision, EA Sports has just hired Mark Turmell to help creatively on the Madden and NCAA titles specifically. He is responsible for NBA Baller, Blitz, and NBA Jam and Smash Mouth with most of his games exhibiting over the top gameplay with an arcade feel. This is all in a push for "expanding the playability" beyond the core gamer. The idea is to make the game more exciting and thus that will bring in more players. They also want to combine the NCAA and Madden core gameplay into a single backbone, differentiating it with different animations, AI, and modes.

http://www.easports.com/news/item/fi...TS_MarkTurmell

Mark Turmell is almost the poster child for a game like Madden 10 on the WII. This makes me want to puke! Hes one of those guys that like designing cartoony football games that have flaming footballs and random power ups to the game. Remember, this guy just got hired to help with MADDEN 10! Not Madden Arcade, but madden 10! He will make this glitchy game, even worst.
I learned about this on the Backbreaker website, they posted this and so i decided to post this.

mjd3221 01-10-2010 11:36 PM

Re: Bad news for Madden 11 and NCAA 11

Well, I'll wait a bit for more info, but it doesn't seem like good news.

kehlis 01-10-2010 11:38 PM

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...all-games.html

Rishawn 01-11-2010 12:43 AM

i neva heard of dis guy b4 but tha way u talkin he must be bad therefore unwanted

Segagendude 01-11-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehlis (Post 2040635799)

Yep. A little late to the party there, bud.

dfos81 01-11-2010 01:06 AM

Old news. I won't panic until I actually see what M11 is about.

MattIntellect 01-11-2010 01:31 AM

Oh really!!!! :ooo:

Oh, I forgot this was already posted a few days ago. :lol:

On a serious note, I don't think he will have anything to do with Madden 11 and I doubt the Madden team will bring the focus to more arcade-style gamers. If they do, it could be to attract the masses, which many of us fear because we all know that the masses are more enticed to a pretty game with updated rosters every year regardless of better game play. My guess is that he is on the team to bring more playability to Madden than anything and that includes flaming footballs!

Valdarez 01-11-2010 03:44 AM

Quite honestly Madden needs better playability, and it needs a way to bring in newer players. Simulation football is hard and there needs to be a valid & 'fun' way to ramp new players on both the strategy (severely lacking in Madden) and the game play.

There are a LOT of ideas I could come up with on how to make the game easier to learn for players. Personally, I'd use the cone idea they had and have it be a learning mechanism for recognizing passing lanes. The same concept could be applied to the running game if, and this is a big if, Madden actually had a concept of a running lane.

Madden 10 was a step in the right direction, but fell short of my expectations game play wise. Anyone that can help them with game play and keeping the game interesting (immersion) is a plus, regardless of their background.