Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ultimate Team is the Ultimate Franchise mode. (/forums/showthread.php?t=388180)

JMD 01-14-2010 03:48 PM

Ultimate Team is the Ultimate Franchise mode.

I've been playing my offline Franchise but no matter what I end up getting bored. I've started several seasons and finished none.

Madden Ultimate team has changed all that for me. It's like a franchise mode for me because after each game I play I need to check my roster and see who's contract is running close to an end. Some games I'll move a few starters down in the depth chart to save a game or two before getting them an extension, or I'll head to the auction (draft) block and bid on a player I need to fill a spot. With this mode you need to pay a lot more attention to your team, you need to really be hands on. I only wish Franchise mode could keep me this interested.

I was pretty much done with Madden 10 until Ultimate team came out. Now I can't stop playing it. Also I'm finding a lot less cheese online in these games.

CreatineKasey 01-14-2010 03:52 PM

Re: Ultimate Team is the Ultimate Franchise mode.

I do like the ever-evolving roster and buying random packs. Personally, it needs a few other things before I'd put real time into it, such as head to head play, tournaments, and recording more statistics.

It's a nice feature though!

baseballsim 01-14-2010 04:30 PM

It would have been nice to have contracts (and contract extensions) to last longer like maybe one simulated season (16 games) but EA must have a good reason for having contracts for only 10 games.

BZito75 01-14-2010 05:38 PM

Yea, that reason is grabbing more money from us. Thanx ea. Love ya! Lol

baseballsim 01-14-2010 05:40 PM

I haven't spent any real money on this.

CreatineKasey 01-14-2010 05:46 PM

It's completely possible to play without money. In fact, it has to be more fun. It's more enjoyable to get stuff when you earn it. Just paying for coins is kind of worthless.

nacnud 01-14-2010 05:50 PM

Yea it is more fun but reality is some people aren't going to put in the time and so spending some money on real cards with pretty limited contracts works just fine for them.

jvaccaro 01-15-2010 12:13 PM

I agree. I like the whole revolving-door aspect of this game mode. I play my franchise mode with 12 min Qs to get realistic stats, etc. However, in MUT I only play 5 min Qs and get to experience another batch of players I might not have wanted long term in franchise. I almost always role with Hester at KR, but I've got a Cribbs card, and I like him just as much. Not to mention, I can mix up my team uniforms and stadiums to keep it fresh.