Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Will 2k do a good job? (/forums/showthread.php?t=388338)

videlsports 01-15-2010 07:12 AM

Will 2k do a good job?

I know this is a simple answer, but I'am one who is excited for the possibilites of next year. The ncaa contract with ea will be up. and 2k will negotiate with the clc to make college football games too. This will open up the market for 2kgames as well. The Ncaa was not satisfied with the sales of the Ncaa series. This also could lead to college basketball too. THe ncaa stands to make more oney if both companies made their games.

I thought the contract ended this year, but I think they have one more exclusive year on their contract.
This is it though. Hopefully the last of the non -improved EA Football.

dan77733 01-15-2010 02:11 PM

Re: Will 2k do a good job?

If EA was smart, they would acquire Visual Concepts and the other developers that create the rest of the 2K sports lineup. Then, they would have them develop their 2K sports lineup against Tirubon's EA sports lineup.

Sort of like, an in-house competition but regardless of which games are/sell better, its all under EA's banner which means they dont lose anything.

And best of all, we get and NFL 2K game while EA gets all the money. Win win for everyone.

Oh well, a few more months until Backbreaker. :)

2Koalition 01-15-2010 02:12 PM

I hope so and make NCAA 2K Football compatible with NFL 2K5 so we can have the draft classes for those of us who have the updated rosters. That would be awesome. The file can be like a game-save that you load up as if you were loading up a regular Franchise from the memory card.

videlsports 01-15-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan77733 (Post 2040649718)
If EA was smart, they would acquire Visual Concepts and the other developers that create the rest of the 2K sports lineup. Then, they would have them develop their 2K sports lineup against Tirubon's EA sports lineup.

Sort of like, an in-house competition but regardless of which games are/sell better, its all under EA's banner which means they dont lose anything.

And best of all, we get and NFL 2K game while EA gets all the money. Win win for everyone.

Oh well, a few more months until Backbreaker. :)

I think that would create another monopoly for EA. I don't think that's the best idea for Gamers,:banned:or take two. Ea is not doing great buisness wise right now anyway because of lackluster sales on the sports side. Not only that that would not push the take two aquirement and give us gamers the same experiance as we are in now. I don't even want 2ksports to sole rights to any games either. Gamers have the right to pick even if it isn't 2k.

dan77733 01-16-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by videlsports
I think that would create another monopoly for EA. I don't think that's the best idea for Gamers,:banned:or take two. Ea is not doing great buisness wise right now anyway because of lackluster sales on the sports side. Not only that that would not push the take two aquirement and give us gamers the same experiance as we are in now. I don't even want 2ksports to sole rights to any games either. Gamers have the right to pick even if it isn't 2k.

Take Two Interactive is losing money and it appears that 2K Sports is in trouble because MLB 2K10 and NHL 2K10 could be the final sports games from them for that sport. That would only leave NBA 2K as the sole survivor in regards to the top four major pro sports.

The reason EA isnt doing good is because they purchased too much too fast and didnt think long term. As much as I hate EA, if they were to acquire Visual Concepts or 2K Sports or even TTI and actually allow them to make their own sports games like they do now without interferring, it would be great for EA and us gamers.

Think about it -

EA would not only make millions of dollars more, they would acquire something even more valuable. The loyal 2K sports fanbase. While it would be in-house, there at the very least finally be some competition which would allow both VC and Tirubon to develop the best NFL game possible and the reason why they would want to make their NFL game damn good - to not only bragging rights for that given year but to show everyone that they are the better developer and give the gamer the better gaming experience.

Of course, the only true negative would be if EA was to just shutdown 2K sports and VC plus the other developers that develop the other 2K sports games. If done correctly, it would not only be great for everyone involved but in my opinion, would revitalize and revolutionize the gaming industry because as I said, if done correctly, it would be on an epic type scale to where various gaming companies would want to see in-house competition in order to make all their products better.

Ever notice how one publisher releases a FPS from one developer and then has another developer under the same publisher release a FPS of their own a few weeks or so later? This happens so much, its insane and majority of the time, one usually flops while the other succeeds. Wouldnt it be best if both succeeded? I believe that it would also allow companies to care more about quality as opposed to quantity.

Compare a company releasing ten games with five of them being flops to a company that releases only five games but with only one flop. You're comparing 50% to 80% sucess rate. Which would you rather have?

This is just my own insane opinion but at the same time, I wouldnt want to see this happen if the "absorbed" company/developer is just going to be in the background. I would only want to see this happen if like I said, its done correctly.

In the mean time, I await BACKBREAKER. :)

videlsports 01-18-2010 08:54 AM

[quote=dan77733;2040651269]Take Two Interactive is losing money and it appears that 2K Sports is in trouble because MLB 2K10 and NHL 2K10 could be the final sports games from them for that sport. That would only leave NBA 2K as the sole survivor in regards to the top four major pro sports.

The reason EA isnt doing good is because they purchased too much too fast and didnt think long term. As much as I hate EA, if they were to acquire Visual Concepts or 2K Sports or even TTI and actually allow them to make their own sports games like they do now without interferring, it would be great for EA and us gamers.

Think about it -

EA would not only make millions of dollars more, they would acquire something even more valuable. The loyal 2K sports fanbase. While it would be in-house, there at the very least finally be some competition which would allow both VC and Tirubon to develop the best NFL game possible and the reason why they would want to make their NFL game damn good - to not only bragging rights for that given year but to show everyone that they are the better developer and give the gamer the better gaming experience.

Of course, the only true negative would be if EA was to just shutdown 2K sports and VC plus the other developers that develop the other 2K sports games. If done correctly, it would not only be great for everyone involved but in my opinion, would revitalize and revolutionize the gaming industry because as I said, if done correctly, it would be on an epic type scale to where various gaming companies would want to see in-house competition in order to make all their products better.

Ever notice how one publisher releases a FPS from one developer and then has another developer under the same publisher release a FPS of their own a few weeks or so later? This happens so much, its insane and majority of the time, one usually flops while the other succeeds. Wouldnt it be best if both succeeded?

Well at least you have an interesting point on some angles. Even though if the compeating companies would be in house over at EA, Unless EA is aquired itself, they will always put madden in front of visual concepts. Just in spite. While you have some brillant buisness insight, EA sports is as a company is a childish company that would only take 1 or 2 details from VC just to belittle thier old rivels. Releasing two IP's would be a waste, so they would use all the resources for madden. TAke Two can hold out one more year they would have college football back in the fold. Having College football and NBA 2k. MLB would just grant 3rd party exclusive rights to everyone allowing EA to get back into baseball, while 2k could still develop baseball. What 2k needs to do is see about making a nascar g and a soccer game. They can drop NHL for now, and re-invent itself a year or two from now. No one likes the boxing from don king, they should drop that and tennis, use resources to make college football, nascar, and soccer to make profit for their company.:computer:

2Koalition 01-18-2010 08:59 AM

I love Don King boxing, I have it for the Wii

videlsports 01-18-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Koalition (Post 2040657882)
I love Don King boxing, I have it for the Wii

That game was made for the wii for the ps3 and xbox 360 it sucks, ( for the life of me I don't know why i rented it twice).:y5: