Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gaines Adams (/forums/showthread.php?t=388747)

oneamongthefence 01-17-2010 02:42 PM

Gaines Adams

Does anyone want to do a tribute for him? He passed away of heart failure from an enlarged heart. RIP Gaines Adams 1983-2010

PantherBeast_OS 01-17-2010 03:17 PM

Re: Gaines Adams

Yea that is sad. I don't see how the team doctors could miss something like this. I am sure every player on the team has a yearly complete checkup. If his heart has been enlarged for a long time. I'm somewhat shocked how this could of been missed by team doctors. Adems was traded to the bears this past offseason by the bucs. I'm sure the bears doctors examine him before the trade happen. I am sure with this happening to adems that all pro teams from Football to Baseball will start doing a lot better job of checking the guys out each year. Espically Football.:computer:

Meast21Forever 01-17-2010 03:28 PM

what do you mean by a tribute? like in madden?

i know this thread is in the wrong forum but the other one was closed because some douche was talking about the gm making bad decisions or something. making immature, heartless comments..

it's hard to compare this tragedy to other nfl deaths. sean taylor and darrent williams were murder. chris henry was perhaps an accident, perhaps not. dying of heart problems just seems.. impossible. with personnel in the organization who get paid to specifically care for players' health, i just can't fathom how something like this goes unnoticed. it's truly a tragic event.

my prayers go out to the adams family.

(if this thread gets closed, please leave a link to the redirect thread. preferably one that's not already closed.)

oneamongthefence 01-17-2010 05:13 PM

A Madden tribute. I would do it if I had a computer. He had plenty of talent. Its sad that yet another young talent was lost. It seems like its happening more and more often. Also players getting into trouble and going to jail. But that doesn't belong in a madden forum. So yes a madden tribute would be nice.

dirtboyz 01-17-2010 05:13 PM

Being a Die hard Bears Fan (35 YEARS) and running with the bears i'm thinking of keeping him on the team as my way of a tribute. I know a lot of people that did this with Sean Taylor. I was looking forward to not only next madden season but real next season where he will have been with the team all off season to develop. RIP Gaines Adams

Perfect Zero 01-17-2010 08:30 PM

http://www.texnews.com/kickoff/1999/allhart3a.html

This is a part of the story of Kelly Kent, who I have heard from my father (a Cisco graduate in 1981) was one of the best athletes he had ever seen. He was a member of the Church where my folks went, and he was just as good at football as he was about serving the Lord. One day, he came in from a pickup game of basketball feeling a bit fatigued, and then dropped dead.

Just like that.

It happens, and it is one of the saddest things that can happen in a young man's life. My thoughts and prayers are with the Adams family, as this is a hard time for him and his community.

BornWithRage 01-18-2010 09:06 AM

in my madden 08 franchise adams was an absolute beast... he had the right tools, so i always wondered why he wasn't more dominating in the nfl. guess we'll never know now... real sad.

lolfalconsbeatu 01-18-2010 11:55 AM

Dude was a straight nightmare coming off the edge chasing down Vick during his days in Tampa. I was so happy when Tampa traded him to Chicago to get him out of the NFC South.

Gains will definitely be remembered by this fan.