Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I Can't Defend The Pass (All-Madden) (/forums/showthread.php?t=389005)

Evan_OS 01-18-2010 02:13 PM

I Can't Defend The Pass (All-Madden)

So i started a new Franchise with the Jets. I just can't defend the pass. Everytime on 3rd & 10, ill do Formation: Quarter and pick a play out of that but the QB just chills in the pocket and finds the whole in the zone or someone wide open. i blitz he escapes it or throws just a second or two before he gets slammed. I'm using NYJ Defense playbook btw. Can somone tell me any idea how to stop this.

CatMan72 01-18-2010 03:05 PM

Re: I Can't Defend The Pass (All-Madden)

That's because all-madden is meant to be frustratingly hard... I would find a good set of sliders or just set player skill to something between 10 and 15 to get a gameplay level between all-pro and all-madden.

rylynner 01-18-2010 04:29 PM

Yeah. All-Madden is almost unrealistically hard. I used DB's slider as a base and then made adjustments from there. I've got a nice mix and am really enjoying the game play right now.

Synnister 01-18-2010 04:32 PM

The CPU also cheats when "necessary," so quite frankly at certain points in the game things will happen that you can't do **** about...

Honestly, I've seen crap receivers work miracles against even the likes of Asomugha and Revis in Madden. It's ********, and quite sickening actually. Also, alot of sliders have you drop the pass reaction of your players to below 50. Yeah... it makes for a more challenging game, but it's also highly unrealistic.

Anything below 45 and you'll see some of the most annoying crap going on. I built my franchise team to be shutdown, and that's exactly how I want them to play. If I get pitted against a team too inferior to defeat my defense, then that's how it's supposed to be. And considering I have Revis, Rodgers-Cromartie, & Cromartie as my 3 CBs, I should be seeing shutdown results quite often, and I do, as long as I keep pass reaction above 50. I think I have it at 52... that gives me the most realistic results thus far. Anything up to 60 should be fine, but I'd try to stick to 55 or less for the sake of a challenge.

dfos81 01-18-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synnister (Post 2040658982)
The CPU also cheats when "necessary," so quite frankly at certain points in the game things will happen that you can't do **** about...

Honestly, I've seen crap receivers work miracles against even the likes of Asomugha and Revis in Madden. It's ********, and quite sickening actually. Also, alot of sliders have you drop the pass reaction of your players to below 50. Yeah... it makes for a more challenging game, but it's also highly unrealistic.

Anything below 45 and you'll see some of the most annoying crap going on. I built my franchise team to be shutdown, and that's exactly how I want them to play. If I get pitted against a team too inferior to defeat my defense, then that's how it's supposed to be. And considering I have Revis, Rodgers-Cromartie, & Cromartie as my 3 CBs, I should be seeing shutdown results quite often, and I do, as long as I keep pass reaction above 50. I think I have it at 52... that gives me the most realistic results thus far. Anything up to 60 should be fine, but I'd try to stick to 55 or less for the sake of a challenge.

I agree w/ you on this. Here's what I've used for a couple seasons now (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-2-a.html) and they have resulted in some challenging and realistic games imo. I like ratings to matter. Anyway these are between all-pro and all-madden

trick02 01-18-2010 05:31 PM

I would go with sliders and find what is best for you. All-madden is redic easy this year tho so you might want to find some all-pro sliders if you are having trouble winning.