Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Are the stats for franchise's (offline or online) so bad where you want to play...... (/forums/showthread.php?t=389049)

Droopy03 01-18-2010 05:59 PM

Are the stats for franchise's (offline or online) so bad where you want to play......

Are the stats for franchise's (offline or online) so bad where you just want to play online ranked games only? It seems that this is the only thing I can enjoy playing becasue the stats in franchise upset me like there has only been 6 players in NFL HISTORY thats has rushed for 2,000 yards period and I'm getting at least 3 a year with Peterson one year rushing for 2,800 yeard WOW!.

The thing bad about online is that you have players that has played 154168198498 games and regardless if you beat the #1 dude for what does it do for you? So I'm not expecting Madden to be in the game to much longer. It has been a good run for several months which this is the most I have played since new generation games..

Just wanted some others opinions.

countryboy 01-18-2010 06:36 PM

Re: Are the stats for franchise's (offline or online) so bad where you want to play..

nope...playing offline franchise only.

BA2929 01-18-2010 06:48 PM

Re: Are the stats for franchise's (offline or online) so bad where you want to play..

Nope, I only play offline franchise and I don't even pay attention to the stats of other players besides my own.

BZito75 01-18-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA2929 (Post 2040659380)
Nope, I only play offline franchise and I don't even pay attention to the stats of other players besides my own.

well said dude.... ive been mired in deep thought over playing a franchise again... i like what u just said... time to do a fantasy draft

MaddenFranchise10 01-18-2010 08:29 PM

I know how Droopy feels. I've also had Peterson rush for ridiculous amounts. In my last game, he rushed for over 300 yards, and he's averaging 260+ YPG, on 12+ YPC. He's en route to hit at least 2500 yards this season. And in my league, there are at least a dozen HB's in the 1200+ yard range, and I'm only in week 11. There'll probably be 10 HB's hitting 2000 yards this season in my franchise.

It would be nice if HB's would struggle to reach 150 yards per game, with maybe 4-6 yards per carry. That's much more realistic than the top HB's hitting 260+ yards on less than 20 attempts, with 3-5 TD's every game.

Besides the inflated HB rushing stats, the only other stat inconsistency I experience, is that I can't get as many tackles with my LB's that the CPU gets. My MLB Willis, is getting about half the tackles per game of other teams' starting LB's, and nothing I've done has affected this.

And you're weird if you play franchise, and don't look at or care about other teams' stats. I always like to see how my stars compare against other NFL stars. It's cool to see a player you drafted a few seasons back, finally rising to the top of his position.

Cribbs 01-18-2010 09:35 PM

Are you guys playing on a low difficulty? I play on All-Madden and I get 1600 yards a year with Adrian Peterson. I once hit 1900... but that was a miracle becuase I had 250 yards the last game.

sniperhare 01-18-2010 10:17 PM

No Cribbs it's the broken franchise sim stats that are causing these, not a difficulty setting. When they put out the last patch they broke the ypc and sacks among other things and even controlling all 32 teams you can't get it accurate.

I've been hoping to see EA release a guide where they can use computers and tell us how we can get it as close to accurate as we can. Or spend a few million on releasing a 3rd patch. Their releasing of broken patches weakens their foundation of quality they should be trying to foster in the buyers of EA games.

Droopy03 01-19-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cribbs (Post 2040659892)
Are you guys playing on a low difficulty? I play on All-Madden and I get 1600 yards a year with Adrian Peterson. I once hit 1900... but that was a miracle becuase I had 250 yards the last game.

dude nothin but all madden