Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Kevin Steele reported as being hired as UT's DC (/forums/showthread.php?t=389192)

seasprite 01-19-2010 02:30 PM

Kevin Steele reported as being hired as UT's DC

Has been confirmed with a couple of radio stations here, but after this last week of coaching rumors, who knows if it is true

trobinson97 01-19-2010 04:49 PM

Re: Kevin Steele reported as being hired as UT's DC

Well that's a move.

Sting 01-19-2010 09:42 PM

Has this been confirmed? At 4:30 cst I heard he was still on the fence.

seasprite 01-20-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingmgt (Post 2040662503)
Has this been confirmed? At 4:30 cst I heard he was still on the fence.

At first it was confirmed by three different media outlets, but late last night the word was that he was sleeping on it. There were also reports last night from Anderson that he was staying. The way our media has been the past week or two, made me pretty skeptical that this was a done deal.

seasprite 01-20-2010 12:03 PM

Gotta love the Knoxville local sports media, they sure do know how to jump the gun. It seems as though Steele turned down the offer. At this point, we are looking like the ugly girl at the dance.

MassNole 01-20-2010 12:36 PM

Well he is a helluva recruiter, while the LB Coach at FSU he was Rivals.com Recruiter of the Year. That said his actual coaching can leave a lot to be desired.

Jwally 01-20-2010 05:39 PM

Glad he's staying, I enjoy his style a lot more than Vic's old bend but don't break style. Steele plays a much more attack style, man coverage defense.

Jury is still out on his coaching. I mean, this guy was the Carolina Panthers' LB coach at one point. But at times this year, the defense got gashes (GT both times, USC). He did still get the D to finish near the top 20.

Gonna be interesting what happens next season.

seasprite 01-21-2010 10:37 AM

Anyway that we can get a mod to either lock this or delete it, cause it isnt happening.