Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2010 draft class in action (/forums/showthread.php?t=389297)

rdeyes 01-20-2010 12:33 AM

2010 draft class in action

So I finished my 1st franchise year with the browns and I wanted to point out of the players picked in the 2010 draft.

Texans- jimmy clausen
New England- sergio kindle ( great pick by them)
K.C- brandon spikes

Anyone else please post what players you've seen drafted and I will do the same as I progress thru my franchise schedule.

Hero_ 01-20-2010 12:44 AM

Re: 2010 draft class in action

In my 49ers franchise I drafted Taylor Mays. I had to trade my 1st and 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots and also got a 3rd round pick. Otherwise all the players I was targeting would have been gone by my 14th pick...I just remembered that the 49ers have 2 1st rounders in 2010 in real life...Would be nice if EA could implement existing trades, at least for the first 1-2 years of the franchises

I was actually pretty impressed by the CPU's drafting as a lot of teams drafted for need. (But in the OPs post, the Texans drafted Clausen?? Awesome...:mad:)

BUT I was pretty disappointed by the way the drafted rookies turned out. Mays was a 77ovl which is perfectly fine, but it seems like ANY rookie that wasn't drafted in the 1st round is un-startable and useless, unless there is some good progression its going to be hard to build through the draft if 2nd/3rd round picks are in the low 70s to mid 60s ovl (Not just my picks)..we'll see how the next one goes.