Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   DE to rush outside? (/forums/showthread.php?t=389441)

JMSHHT 01-20-2010 04:09 PM

DE to rush outside?

This has been a problem for me. I have my DE philosophy as undersize speed pass rushers, but when in the game, my DE tries to rush outside first, but once the offensive tackle tounches him, he become engaged with the T and do not even try to get around the T with his speed.
I have the plays master and my DL coach is very good, any ideas how to fix this problem?

Demonolith 01-20-2010 05:20 PM

Re: DE to rush outside?

It's just a problem with how the game engine deals with OLine/DLine interaction. Positional philosophies don't affect play on the field. They are only there as a guide to see how players fit into your ideal system

Papa Pearce 01-20-2010 05:33 PM

One thing you might want to try is adjusting your D-Line before the snap. The other thing you should do is check the ratings of your DE, as they might be the other reason for it.

JMSHHT 01-20-2010 05:54 PM

Thanks for the help, I think it is probably a game engine problem, heard of similar problems in Madden 10, so I'm not gonna complain too much.

Kaiowas 01-20-2010 07:57 PM

overload the tackle with a rushing LB from that side ;). The LB gets eaten up but got mr Odom a huge amount of sacks for me

JMSHHT 01-20-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiowas (Post 2040664854)
overload the tackle with a rushing LB from that side ;). The LB gets eaten up but got mr Odom a huge amount of sacks for me

That's how my DEs/LBs get most of the sacks.
But I want a more realistic game play with pressure put on the QB from every direction. Sigh, guess have to wait for HC 12:freddy:, if there will be one.

edward_1385 01-20-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiowas (Post 2040664854)
overload the tackle with a rushing LB from that side ;).

Yeah that works, but also if u have good block shed, high finess moves, and great accleration the DEs about 70% of the time can fight through to the QB...

But yeah it is also a game engine glitch, like the magnet tackles off the edge... They used an old madden engine and that has something to do with it, but I have had sucess with the mentioned stuff above...

Bengals9 01-20-2010 09:22 PM

i was so hyped for this game, only to be let down greatly with the game play. I now sim, but they better make another hc