Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Wishlist (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Announcers and Presentation (/forums/showthread.php?t=394178)

GatorChomp2345 02-09-2010 05:11 PM

Announcers and Presentation

I am sick of hearing the same stuff being repeated over and over for the last 8 or 9 years now and I think its time for a change. I mean really this is somewhat a redeem year for the NCAA Football franchise and it would be nice to see what EA did with NCAA Basketball 10 in getting different broadcast types. I think that they should integrate ESPN and ABC which are realistic hopes since they have the exclusive ESPN rights and ABC owns ESPN. I also think they need to get Corso out of the booth and just get some kind of maybe 10 minute Gameday show on the start of the week to go over past games and what is in store for the week. Have the ESPN vs ABC types be a choice similar to NCAA BBALL 10 with CBS and ESPN. Now in the booth we should have Musberger and Nessler along with Herbstreit. Now I also understand that the BCS bowls except for the Rose Bowl are all on FOX along with the Cotton Bowl but I mean I dont think it would be a realistic request to ask for the FOX style presentation for 5 games a year. Also CBS is only used for one game nationally a week along with one bowl (Brut Sun Bowl). So I would be perfectly happy with a different announcing crew along with ESPN/ABC integrations.

Jeff George 02-15-2010 01:47 PM

Re: Announcers and Presentation

Agreed that the announcer dialogue could use some updating, but they're not going to pair two play-by-play men in Nessler and Musberger. I think a Nessler-Blackledge pairing could breathe life into things.

And, thankfully, the FOX contract with BCS bowls has expired. I wouldn't object to incorporating CBS like they do in NCAA Basketball, but now that ESPN has expanded its coverage of the SEC, it seems kind of redundant, especially if you'd have to bring in two more guys to read the same dialogue.

Bloppy 02-20-2010 11:18 AM

Definitely agreed. The announcing is getting old.

statum71 03-20-2010 01:46 PM

I still like the commentary. I do think they need ALOT of new and fresh material though.

I just think for play-by-play in college football you can't beat Brad Nessler. I like Vern Lundquist too. But please not Brent Musburger.

scfan919 03-20-2010 01:49 PM

statum, I would love if they put Lundquist in for like an SEC game of the week or something. It would be cool if they did like a custom commentary with all of the major broadcaster's for like the major confrences, like have Lundquist doing SEC game of the week, and then for other confrences have their more popular announcers doing a game of the week type thing.

duckfever8 03-22-2010 12:08 PM

ESPN and ABC have the same presentation, so they could add that along with CBS for the SEC/Army-Navy Game and maybe even add a third network (Fox Sports Net for some Pac-10 games, Versus for the MWC)

Draxion 03-30-2010 12:31 AM

I would be fine with just ESPN overlays and every thing. The thing I wonder about is why dont they have more announcing teams. I mean have some people we never heard of for small games and Lee and Herb for BCS bowls and a bunch of other teams in between .Would really add to the presentation.

cowboy_kmoney 03-30-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draxion (Post 2040907367)
I would be fine with just ESPN overlays and every thing. The thing I wonder about is why dont they have more announcing teams. I mean have some people we never heard of for small games and Lee and Herb for BCS bowls and a bunch of other teams in between .Would really add to the presentation.

Hey Russ...:y220::y220::y220::y220::y220: