Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The St. Louis Rams have been sold (/forums/showthread.php?t=394494)

Stroehms 02-11-2010 01:04 AM

The St. Louis Rams have been sold

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...C?OpenDocument

Quote:

Name: Shahid Khan.

Who is he: Khan, 55, is the president of Flex-N-Gate Corporation, an auto-parts manufacturer based in Urbana, Ill.

Where does he live: Khan has lived in the Champaign-Urbana area for more than 40 years and is married with two adult children. Khan is a graduate of the school of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at the University of Illinois.

What is he buying: According to league sources Khan will purchase the 60 percent of the team owned by Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez. But if Stan Kroenke wants to sell his 40 percent then Khan is prepared to buy that as well.

What are his thoughts on STL and the Rams: Multiple sources describe Khan as an enthusiastic Rams fan who has attended home games at The Edward Jones Dome. League sources say Khan is committed to keeping the team in St. Louis ... which was an important consideration to Rosenbloom and Rodriguez in making their decision to sell to him.

The sale is subject to approval of NFL owners. They can't vote on it until the closing of the sale which probably won't be finished until early April or so.

Good for the Rams. I'm a die hard fan and now knowing that they will most likely be not moved is a burden off of my shoulders.

Go Rams!:bil:

dickey1331 02-11-2010 01:14 AM

Re: The St. Louis Rams have been sold

Bad news for LA
Good news for St Louis

jnofx 02-11-2010 01:29 AM

LA has had their chances at NFL franchises, they just didn't work. I'm really indifferent to the Rams in general, but I'm happy for their loyal fans that they don't have to see their team go.

elgreazy1 02-11-2010 08:35 AM

KHAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Sorry had to go there.

dodgerblue 02-11-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnofx (Post 2040733968)
LA has had their chances at NFL franchises, they just didn't work. I'm really indifferent to the Rams in general, but I'm happy for their loyal fans that they don't have to see their team go.

Not like LA didn't have loyal fans, just bad owners! Georgia and Al weren't the fans fault, look what they have done since moving. Just because the public doesn't want to pony up for a stadium for some rich billionaire doesn't make us bad fans!

DerkontheOS 02-11-2010 09:03 AM

Damn I really want to see a team in LA.

Evan_OS 02-11-2010 09:11 AM

Maybe the Rams can step it up now.

jmood88 02-11-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerkontheOS (Post 2040734410)
Damn I really want to see a team in LA.

Why?