Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Road to Glory: J Randolph (/forums/showthread.php?t=395345)

Jefferson2Lafell 02-14-2010 03:43 PM

Road to Glory: J Randolph

Ok so this is a RTG on NCAA 10, OLB John Randolph for Harding Academy in Memphis, TN. This'll be from his perspective.

Jefferson2Lafell 02-14-2010 03:50 PM

Re: Road to Glory: J Randolph

Ok, so I have to do this journal for my Mom, she says if I keep a journal and write a book I'll make millions... but the only interest it'll get is if I'm a big-time NFL player, and in that case I'll have the money. But I digress. I am John Randolph, a left outside linebacker for Harding Academy in Memphis Tennessee. I am a Senior this year and was voted Captain for the second year in a row. Im on the bus heading to Sweetwater to take on Sweetwater HS in the sate playoffs. I haven't gotten many recruiting letters other than from Memphis, Troy, and TCU. The only school from a BCS conference that have offered me is Virginia. Those are my top for as of now, in no particular order. I hope to open some eyes and get National recognition during the playoffs- and I just might! Erin Andrews from ESPN has asked me if I want to allow ESPN to follow me in a new series they are doing called the Road to Glory, which will air on ESPN's College Football Live each Monday during the season. Here's hoping I do well!

DRose131 02-14-2010 04:40 PM

ill follow
<input id="*******" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Jefferson2Lafell 02-14-2010 07:41 PM

Man that was a great game! 31-0 in the state playoffs! Coach Graham told me I recorded 8 tackles, 6 for loss, and 3 sacks! There was only 1 reception on me all game, and that was in zone coverage. They ran some whack wishbone-type offense, so I had alot of man coverage on Runningbacks. The only thing that I'm upset about is the amount of 2nd and 3rd downs that the coaches would pull me! Twice I got a sack on 1st down and was pulled, which makes little sense to me. But whatever, they said they wanted to "keep me fresh," and I don't need it. Anyway, I got some recognition after demolishing the opposing tackle, who was evidently in the top 20 tackle prospects in the nation. ESPN.com took my rating from an unscouted 1* to a 3* prospect. Mr. Henderson, the Athletic Director, said that Mike Gundy from Oklahoma St, Rick Stockstill from Middle Tennessee State, Danny Hope from Purdue, Brady Hoke from San Diego State, Tim Brewster from Minnesota, and Jerry Kill from Northern Illinois were head coaches all in attendance. Mr. Henderson also said some ESPN scouts and scouts from other schools were there, but those guys were there looking at me in person. Coach Stockstill seemed very interested in me and was the only coach to approach me after the game. Recruiting looks to heat up for me, which is pretty exciting. We get a bye week now, and I've scheduled an official visit to Virginia with my parents this week. I am staying with Ras-I Dowling on the trip, which is freakin awesome. Anyway, time to hit the sack; coach wants to watch game film at 10 tomorrow morning. :brickwall

Jefferson2Lafell 02-14-2010 09:40 PM

Wow!! UVA was great! Coach London (HC), Coach Reid (DC), Coach Brown (LBC) and Coach Hanson (DL/Recruiting Coordinator) were all over me! Mom and Dad came, and stayed off campus at a family friend's place. Those coaches took us out to dinner and we talked about just the University and the area and my classes. They were really cool and my parents felt they genuinely care about me as a student. Ras-I Dowling was amazing. He is one of the coolest people I've met in the recruiting process. He told me straight up that the offense was awful but the D was nasty. He told me that we could be the best defense in the nation, and I could start right away at OLB. I am really interested in 3-4 schools, but that hinders my options alot. 2 more players have entered the picture. Coach Saban from Alabama called while I was at UVA, but after that what that D-Bag did to my LSU Tigers, he has a long way to go to convince me to play there. When I got back, there were letters from teams like OK State, USF, WVU, but the one I'm focused on is 3-4 running Cal. Jahvid Best is an awesome player for that offense, and Syd'Quan Thompson is a beast in the secondary. I wanted recruiters to come calling before, but now that I have all these offers, I wish they would stop coming so it could make my decision easier!

Jefferson2Lafell 02-15-2010 09:28 AM

I'm pumped. Traveling to take on the #1 seeded (in our conference) Murfreesboro HS. Call it a personal challenge.

Jefferson2Lafell 02-15-2010 09:52 AM

Oh man what a game! The highlight of my night- Murfreeseboro on their 2 yard line, pitch to the RB, I light him up in the endzone, he fumbles, I recover it for a TD!! I had 7 tackles, 6 TFL, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, and the 1 fumble recovery. (The other forced fumble was a blocked punt) We ended up winning, 41-3. Again, there were alot of scouts out there, but the head coaches that attended were: Coach Hoke from SDSU was back, Lane & Monte Kiffin were there from Tennessee, Coach Pelini from Nebraska, Tim Beckman from Toledo, Dennis Erickson from Arizona State, and most importantly and most respected by your truly, Coach Bobby Bowden from FSU! I talked to Coach Bowden and Monte Kiffin and Coach Bo Pelini after the game. There were all great guys, really cool, and Coach Kiffin didn't seem to care that I called his son the biggest D-Bag in College Football, closely followed by Nick Saban. He just laughed it off and said sometimes he agrees! What a beast. Still probably wont go to UT though.

Jefferson2Lafell 02-15-2010 10:16 AM

WE'RE GOING TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! We won 30-10 tonight at home vs Rockwood HS, courtesy of my safety on their last offensive drive! I had 9 tackles, 7 TFL, 5 sacks, 2 deflections, and the safety. Kyle Whittingham from Utah, Jeff Tedford from Cal, Gary Patterson from TCU, Coach JoPa from Penn State, Doug Martin from Kent State, and Frank Solich from Ohio. That was pretty cool, and Coach Graham gave them all tape from my 3 years here at Harding (I was in Florida Freshman year) so hopefully I'll get more recruiting attention. I looked on ESPN.com again, and they rated me a 5 star!! I hope I can live up to that pedigree in the state championship game!