Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Obelysk's CPU vs CPU sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=395440)

Obelysk 02-14-2010 11:52 PM

Obelysk's CPU vs CPU sliders

I have played just about 7 complete full season with the Browns and Ravens. I played every single one of my games including playoffs and preseason with almost no games super-simmed). Having said that I have noticed how my stats have accumulated over time and how there are always numbers that are off; like my QB with too many ints every season, huge amounts of yards given up by my secondary (even with 90+ rated CBs and Safeties on all corners),too good of a run defense and huge lack of sacks. With this in mind, I have made several adjustments to try and attempt to correct these aberrations. So enough babbling, here are my babies:

15 Minutes Quarters 25 second run off
Injuries 55
Fatigue 53
Game Speed Slow
Player Threshold 35

CPU Skill:

Passing
QB Accuracy 38
Pass Blocking 0
WR Catching 55

Rushing
Broken Tackles 2
Run Blocking 75
Fumbles 45

Pass Defense
Reaction Time 75
Interceptions 0
Pass Rushing 100

Rush Defense
Reaction Time 65
Block Shedding 25
Tackling 33

Special Teams:
FG Power 60
FG Accuracy 50
Punt Power 50
Punt Accuracy 60
Kickoff Power 50

Penalties:
Offside 100
False Start 100
Holding 50
Facemask 52
Defensive Pass Interference 100
Offensive Pass Interference 100
KR/PR Interference 100
Clipping 60
Intentional Grounding 100
Roughing the Passer 100
Roughing the Kicker 100

Now since the proof is in the pudding here are some stats of several games that were played entirely by in CPU vs CPU mode:

*Please note, this are from my 4th season into the Browns franchise so there are a lot of different faces but for the most part their top starts are still there.

Browns vs Steelers:

Passing:
Riley
11 for 17 (64 comp%)
132 yards
1 TD
1 int
83.4 QB rating

Big Ben
21 for 41 (51 comp%)
217 yards
1 TD
3 ints
44.4 QB rating

Running:
J. Okoye
25 attempts
89 yards (3.5 ypc)
1 TD
0 Fumbles

R. Mendenhall
19 attempts
54 yards (2.8 ypc)
0 TDs
0 Fumbles

Receiving:
Browns:
J. Okoye 3 recs 27 yards
L. Smith 2 recs 17 yards
R. Robiskie 2 recs 24 yards
M. Massaqoui 2 recs 27 yards
D. Portis 1 rec 49 yards 1 TD
J. Harrison 1 rec 0 yards

Steelers:
S. Holmes 5 recs 58 yards
H. Ward 3 recs 41 yards
H. Miller 4 recs 36 yards
T. McBeth 2 recs 32 yards 1 TD
J. Dillard 4 recs 20 yards
W. Parker 1 rec 19 yards
R Mendenhall 1 rec 6 yards
O. Schmitt 1 rec 5 yards

Defense:
Browns:
40 tackles
6 TFLs
4 Sacks
3 ints
9 Pass Deflections
0 FF

Steelers:
45 tackles
10 TFLs
1 Sack
1 itns
4 Pass Deflections
0 FF

49ers vs Patriots:

Passing:
T. Brady:
28 for 45 (62 comp%)
331 yards
2 TDs
1 int
90.1 QB rating

J. Hardaway
21 for 33 (63 comp%)
267 yards
2 TDs
3 ints
71.1 QB rating

Rushing:
L. Maroney:
23 attempts
79 yards (3.4 ypc)
2 TD
0 Fumbles

F. Gore

18 attempts
79 yards (3.2 ypc)
1 TD
0 Fumbles

Receiving:
Patriots
R. Moss 8 recs 126 yards
W. Welker 12 recs 122 yards 1 TD
J. Edelman 5 recs 60 yards
T. Campenella 1 rec 12 yards
B. Tate 1 rec 5 yards 1 TD
L. Maroney 1 rec 6 yards

49ers:
J. Morgan 2 recs 81 yards 1 TD
V. Davis 7 recs 61 yards 1 TD
M. Crabtree 3 recs 45 yards
C. Ochocinco 2 recs 30 yards
T. Flammetta 1 rec 24 yards
F. Gore 4 recs 10 yards
B. Jones 9 yards
C. Waligurski 7 yards

Defense:
Patriots:
41 tackles
10 TFLs
2 sacks
3 ints
6 Pass Deflections

49ers:
48 tackles
6 TFLs
0 sacks
1 ints
5 Pass Deflections

I have more games to add if you guys are interested but that is pretty much how they came out. Let me know how you guys do with then and let me know if there is something that you see that needs tweaking.:)

Dubascus 02-15-2010 05:28 AM

Re: Obelysk's CPU vs CPU sliders

Ok....but both M188 and sonic have posted the user sliders and claim thatn they have an impact. I have tinkered a bit with them as well and would agree that they do.

There is discussion also about the auto sub sliders and the coaching philosophy sliders. Could you post a bit more please as I would like to see and try them out considering that you say you have many games played with these settings.

Obelysk 02-15-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubascus (Post 2040745813)
Ok....but both M188 and sonic have posted the user sliders and claim thatn they have an impact. I have tinkered a bit with them as well and would agree that they do.

There is discussion also about the auto sub sliders and the coaching philosophy sliders. Could you post a bit more please as I would like to see and try them out considering that you say you have many games played with these settings.

I do have personal user sliders, since I do play some the games but exclusively as head coach mode, I let the CPU execute all the plays. I have always wondered if they have an impact on CPU vs CPU games but since my User Sliders and the CPU sliders are similar I haven't noticed much of a difference. Anyways here they are:

Player skill:

Passing: 13
QB Accuracy 38
Pass Blocking 0
WR Catching 55

Rushing: 12
Broken Tackles 35
Run Blocking 65
Fumbles 45

Pass Defense: 9
Reaction Time 65
Interceptions 0
Pass Rushing 100

Rush Defense: 12
Reaction Time 65
Block Shedding 30
Tackling 25

And yes, the coaching sliders do make a difference. I didn't post them as I believe they are more of personal choice as to how you want to run your team and I change them constantly depending on the type of players I carry on my team.

Ok, I guess I am going to have to explain some stuff here. I have played around a lot with coaching sliders (at the start of every single season), I was doing a lot of testing before patch 2 came out to fix some of the stats and they do make several differences and even on super-simmed games as they have areal huge impact on the stats. If you control all of the teams (I don't, I just want to control my own team) and you custom set the sliders for all the teams, then you can have a massive impact on what the stats look like at the end of the season. However, just note that the impact that these sliders will have on actual played games compared to simmed games is completely different. For example, if you play the games and you set the "run vs pass" slider on offense just 10 points towards rushing, you won't really notice much of an impact on the actual games played yet if you super-sim your games for one season there will be about 100-200+ more rushing yards and may be 200-300 less passing yards (they are very sensitive for simmed games). My sliders are set to specifically play all the games and are not for super-simming them or else you will see some massive offset numbers so always keep that in mind when super-simming games.

OFFENSE:

Run vs Pass 40
Aggression 0
RB Carries 70

OK, I have the aggression set to 0 and 40 for running because my team is built around the running game and the play action. This works perfectly as my oline and HB are the strength of my team and Riley can make all the throws and he doesn't force the ball as much (or that could just be a placebo effect I am not sure). Although I was a little disappointed that even with aggression set to 100 the offense will not go for it on 4th and inches at the opponent 10 yard line. :( As for the running back split, yes it works but not how I expected it to work. When you have it set to 50 they will split it but you will notice that 1st HB will get most of his carries in the first half while he will be mostly taken out for most of the 2nd half and almost completely in the 4th quarter.

Defense:
3-4
Run vs Pass 30
Aggression 100

I personally have aggression set to the highest because this is how I have built my team. The 3-4 defense is broken in several areas in madden 10 which I have discussed extensively on this thread here (which I PMed Josh Looman to see if he can make some input but never replied.....): http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354597

Anyways, there are no 3-4 OLBs in madden 10 aside from the ones that are already in the league (Ware, Suggs, Harrison, Philips, etc.) and 4-3 DEs do not work when converted to LBs (which is how it works in real life :y8:) because they take a massive hit in their ratings and the pass coverage skills are none existent. So generating pressure becomes an issue, so the way I built my team is throw a powerful secondary, all of my corners have 90+ speed, 90+ man coverage skills and B or A potential, with my safeties having 90+ speed and A potential. So before I let the CPU battle it out I make sure to assign a WR to all of my corners so that LBs and safeties (their man cover is not that great even on the elite ones) don't get stuck covering guys like Andre Johnson. What this allows my defense to do is to basically "recklessly" blitz the QB on all most all downs which helps my run defense and the QB gets constantly hit. I posted my Browns vs Steelers stats and as you can see Ben had bad a day, with 3 picks and 44.4 QB rating, my defense came out with 6 TFLs, 4 Sacks, 3 ints and 9 Pass Deflections.:)

Also, the section of "strategy" for players under the coaching sliders have an impact that I have noticed (mostly on certain positions). When I have the QB completely on "pocket" rather than half way or on "scrambler" your QB will never run. Even if there are 20 yards of clear grass ahead of him without a defender, he will just stand there in the pocket until he gets the pass off or he gets sacked. While I have never really tried it under scrambler since I have never had a good scrambling QB to test it out, I say keep that slider right in the middle so they run when its necessary. As for the Halfback "Power vs Speed" I haven't actually noticed much of a difference and for run block and pass block its effect is almost nonexistent, the only thing that actually helps its the actual game sliders. As for the Speed vs possession I haven't noticed much on either one to tell you the truth.

For my defense I have my secondary set to hitter because they still cover but even if the WR makes the catch they sometimes get the pass knocked down from the hit. For my DE, DT, OLBs are all set to run stop (when you have aggression set to 60 and OLBs set to run stop their sacks go up in super-simmed seasons, as long as the DEs are set to run stuff as well) and my Mikes are set to pass defense. My kicker is set to power and my punter to accuracy.

As for the depth chart I have played around it for a bit but I always felt that they were fine the way they were setup by default so I haven't gone in to change them in a while. Let me know if you need to know anything else.:)

Dubascus 02-16-2010 05:41 AM

Thanks for the breakdown. I'm gonna have to try these out.

Obelysk 02-16-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubascus (Post 2040749078)
Thanks for the breakdown. I'm gonna have to try these out.

Cool, play a few games and let me know how they go. :)