Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Superstar Mode - ARGH! (/forums/showthread.php?t=402125)

Jono078 03-11-2010 09:45 AM

Superstar Mode - ARGH!

This is always one of my favourite modes to play. And I've tried so many times on Madden NFL 10 on numerous settings to get realistic like stats with my rookie QB.

But the problem is I always end up with around 20 Ints a season, it's beyond ridiculous.

And it's because of (to put it bluntly) crap like this;

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5nGDCrTiGEw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XyFBhCka1qQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

How in the hell does that even work? My receiver beats out his defender, who has his back to the QB! And still does the magic jump at the perfect time and grabs the ball out of the air? All night if my WR has beaten the DB, I try to get it to him ASAP only for it to be int'd like the above videos or tapped down, the ball never makes it to a WR that has just beaten his man and is open in small space.

This was on custom difficulty btw, 13 for every setting so in between all pro and all madden.

EDIT: And sorry for the rant. But I had to let some steam out. Madden has so much potential but just a lot of crappy things kill it off, M11 cant come soon enough, how much better it will be though who knows.

xamp 03-11-2010 11:50 AM

Re: Superstar Mode - ARGH!

Procedural awareness was supposed to fix this.

I know it doesn't make much of a difference, but do you have CPU interceptions set to 0? I think the CPU drops a few more, the lower you have it set.

Knapper 03-11-2010 12:19 PM

Try to put a bit more touch on the ball. The only problem I run into there is then the safety comes over to make the play to quickly...........

rocknroll1968 03-11-2010 02:39 PM

Often times, if you have a low accuracy QB, the CPU will force him to underthrow or line-drive a pass that he should put some touch on. It's pretty stupid really. Combine this with LB's and CB's making blind over the shoulder int's, and you have yourself one sad bowl of frustration.

Boregard 03-11-2010 08:23 PM

That is awesome to watch!!! In a bad way I mean. It used to be that accuracy forced you to learn how to throw with a crappy QB, now it just makes it impossible and add in the fact that the defenders all have eyes in the back of their heads and the game sucks!!!

I mean it is one thing to make lower rated players less accurate, it is a whole different story to make them miss wide open receivers with no pressure and set feet - and then watch that pass magnetically go right to a defender!

fahrenheit 03-11-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xamp (Post 2040842082)
Procedural awareness was supposed to fix this.

My thoughts exactly when I saw the first video.

As to the OP, like the other guy said you might want to put some more touch on the ball or try and put it over the WR's shoulder, that way the CB would have to jump instead of simply putting his arms up.

edit: oh and by the way both Stafford and Sanchez threw 20 ints and F<qtlend></qtlend>reeman threw 18. so your stats are realistic
<qtlbar id="qtlbar" dir="ltr" style="padding: 0pt; display: inline; text-align: left; line-height: 100%; background-color: rgb(236, 236, 236); -moz-border-radius-topleft: 3px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 3px; -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 3px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 3px; cursor: pointer; z-index: 999; left: 485px; top: 170px;"><iframe id="qtlframe" src="" style="border: 1px solid rgb(236, 236, 236); display: none; background-color: white;"></iframe></qtlbar>

Jono078 03-12-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 2040844729)
My thoughts exactly when I saw the first video.

As to the OP, like the other guy said you might want to put some more touch on the ball or try and put it over the WR's shoulder, that way the CB would have to jump instead of simply putting his arms up.

edit: oh and by the way both Stafford and Sanchez threw 20 ints and F<qtlend></qtlend>reeman threw 18. so your stats are realistic
<qtlbar id="qtlbar" dir="ltr" style="padding: 0pt; display: inline; text-align: left; line-height: 100%; background-color: rgb(236, 236, 236); -moz-border-radius-topleft: 3px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 3px; -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 3px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 3px; cursor: pointer; z-index: 999; left: 485px; top: 170px;"><iframe id="qtlframe" src="" style="border: 1px solid rgb(236, 236, 236); display: none; background-color: white;"></iframe></qtlbar>

Not in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc seasons!

Every season it happens, and it's because of the crap in the videos I posted?

What do you guys mean more zip? When I threw those two, I held in the button which is strong pass?

And if I try to lob it over the safety and DB would catch up to him.

Jono078 03-17-2010 08:24 AM

And here is the second most frustrating thing about superstar mode.

Adrian Peterson plays like a 22 overall rate RB.

He averages 2 yards per carry because of crap like this.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkO6lW0EnC0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkO6lW0EnC0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

God that is frustrating! Look at the holes the o-line opened up for him all he has to do is run straight through but instead he takes a 90 degree turn into a defender!

I was the QB btw.

Really hope someone from EA stumbles across this thread and takes the time to watch the vids.