Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Tecmo Bowl Throwback Interview (/forums/showthread.php?t=402536)

Steve_OS 03-12-2010 09:35 PM

Tecmo Bowl Throwback Interview

We have just posted our interview with Mike Fahrny, Producer of Tecmo Bowl Throwback.

Quote:

OS: "Will there be any online modes, leaderboards, etc.? If so, could you detail them?"

MF: "There will be online MP in Throwback - you can play head to head in PreSeason against other players. For the leaderboards, you will be able to track you're overall win/loss ratio against other ranked players in a weekly/monthly/all time format."

smacko82 03-12-2010 10:27 PM

tired of this very very soon response, just give us the dates already. I also don't like the cut scenes during the game, what is the purpose other than slowing up the game

CreatineKasey 03-12-2010 10:58 PM

Great news about the customizable names. I hope those translate online!

boxboy99 03-13-2010 12:11 AM

Re: Tecmo Bowl Throwback Interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by smacko82 (Post 2040847935)
tired of this very very soon response, just give us the dates already. I also don't like the cut scenes during the game, what is the purpose other than slowing up the game

Must not be old enough to know Tecmo Bowl. :cool: Jerry Rice jumps over 3 people and I get to see my sweet half second cut screen. Also can forget my friend in Jr. High telling me the cheerleaders at halftime were hot. Stay thristy my friends. Now if they just cough up the day. Honestly I am in no rush, I got plenty of things to play right now. Whenever I get it I get it and will be happy. Wish online leagues were and option as quick pace as these games are it would be perfect.

blackpuppy 03-13-2010 12:34 AM

Gotta admit, it makes me feel a little uneasy that the difficulty varies according to which team you're playing against as opposed to difficulty settings. The one on the DS was WAY to easy.

smacko82 03-13-2010 01:25 AM

i'm old enough to remember tecmo bowl, believe that. I guess i'm more or less talking about the version on the DS, i tried that and couldn't get into it. It seemed like there were alot more cut scenes on that version. I really don't see that they serve a great deal of purpose though, after about 4 or 5 games and seeing the cutscene of them high fiveing after each touchdown and it takes 20 seconds to do so it gets a little boring. I'd rather just have a cutscene for 100 yard marks, don't like my opinion to bad for you.

rm217 03-13-2010 03:43 AM

Most everything sounds great. I wish the producer would have been a little more specific with his answers but I guess something is better then nothing. The one thing I'm disappointed in is no online league play. Maybe next year. At least we'll have leaderboards but playing against a friend in a season would have been so awesome. Now can we have a release date and some more screenshots please?!

rm217 03-13-2010 03:52 AM

What are the new features the produces keeps mentioning but never describes?