Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   EA Sports Season Opener: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (/forums/showthread.php?t=403161)

RaychelSnr 03-15-2010 02:06 PM

EA Sports Season Opener: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

The most fun I had without question was on Tiger Woods 11 Wii. Incredible to me how so much change and innovation can be created with one simple new feature – the new True View.

First, EA Sports added new swing recognition technology dubbed the Advanced Plus Swing. Basically it will track your entire swing motion and angle on the ball, so you now can draw and fade the ball based on your swing. You can check the videos for a nice tutorial.

The Tour Pro swing reads the point where you contact the ball with a first person view titled True View. Yeah, you actually have a view looking over the ball like your actually playing – and it plays seamlessly! That’s the craziest part. You can waggle the club and open it, and even change your setup on the ball.

Read More - EA Sports Season Opener: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

DivotMaker 03-15-2010 02:49 PM

Re: EA Sports Season Opener: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

Chris,

Could not agree more. I played with TrueView on the Wii at TW Community Day and it was incredible. Felt like I was playing a Golf simulator. VERY immersive experience and I have now ordered a Wii for this game alone.

BLB34 03-15-2010 05:15 PM

Seems all that's lacking is a good golf-grip peripheral or attachment. I never could get a comfortable feel holding the wii-mote. It creates a disconnect between the visuals and the actual feel in your hands. With the new tru-view perspective I think a realistic golf-grip attachment would really complete the experience.

Seymour Scagnetti 03-15-2010 07:48 PM

Is this trueview going to be made available for the Sony attachment when it comes out because I read there will be support in TW11 for the Playstation wand.

DivotMaker 03-15-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti (Post 2040857749)
Is this trueview going to be made available for the Sony attachment when it comes out because I read there will be support in TW11 for the Playstation wand.

Can't comment on unannounced features for the PS3 (TrueView). Sorry.

duckfever8 03-16-2010 01:16 AM

I want a Create-A-Mistress feature in Tiger Woods 11 :spit:

Dalsanto0026 03-16-2010 05:07 AM

I'll be trading in TW10 for this. True View is an awesome addition to the game. I can't wait.

PS We can do without the lame TW jokes, they're getting old.

Eski33 03-18-2010 04:12 PM

Do you know if Tiger 11 will be compatible with PS3's Move controller or Project Natal? That would be an awesome experience....