Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Substance Abuse idea for Madden (/forums/showthread.php?t=404143)

MaddenBalla 03-18-2010 04:57 PM

Substance Abuse idea for Madden

I believe this is crossing the line, but it does happen in real life NFL football all the time. A player is caught violating the substance abuse policy (ala performance enhancing drugs). The Williamses are both in court about the StarCaps incident, and my previous thread regarding Player Morale has a direct influence in me to start up this topic.

Imagine if we can go through a small type of mini-game to enhance a player (stat boosters) but it would have to be a tricky game that is a gamble like Russian Roulette. If you get caught, the player can serve a 4 week suspension. You can randomly take a 70 rated guy and boost him to an 85 quickly with the stat boosters (steroids) in a matter of weeks. Each time you play the mini-game, it becomes harder and the bigger your chances of getting caught. It needs to be completely random and catch you off guard. I am talking like, you're in the middle of a game and all of a sudden, after you finish your play the screen comes up and you got to act fast to beat the game. You lose, you get caught.

killgod 03-18-2010 05:05 PM

Re: Substance Abuse idea for Madden

Despite being a part of the NFL they would absolutely NEVER allow this.

Crimsontide27 03-18-2010 05:12 PM

Zero, absolute zero chance on this EVER being in an authentic sports video game.

For reasons that dont even need to be explained, its the same reason the version of NCAA that had fans storming the field and tearing down the goalposts got that feature pulled before release.

BlueNGold 03-18-2010 05:18 PM

Imagine this being on the back of the box for Madden 11. :lol:

Valdarez 03-18-2010 05:45 PM

They don't even let the players have tattoos, and they don't want late hits in the game.

I know who the cover athlete would be!

Ricky Williams.... oh wait, he didn't do it to get better. Bad choice.

jWILL253 03-18-2010 05:50 PM

You're joking, right?

oneamongthefence 03-18-2010 05:52 PM

Blitz the league had this. Madden would never get it.

ZoneKIller 03-18-2010 06:09 PM

Yeah this is def a no go.It would be influencing kids to much.17+ rating wouldnt pass by the NFL so easy