Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 11 Blog: Catch Tuning (/forums/showthread.php?t=405746)

Pared 03-24-2010 12:14 PM

Re: Ian Cummings' Catch Tuning Blog (3/24)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deli (Post 2040888453)
Is this going to actually be in the game this time or is it going to mysteriously not make it into the game with no explanation like last year?

Was this really necessary?

Stop trying to ruin threads, people.

lolfalconsbeatu 03-24-2010 12:21 PM

seems cool, cant complain about the first blog. hopefully the infamous 'RC' is officially gone.

It definitely was more difficult to do last year....but of course ppl. mastered it...

But now all i want to hear is if we can finally get more pre snap controls on the DBs by forcing WRs inside or out,

and OL Logic...no more Nano Blitzing from a re-blitzed LB because the Dlineman are all attacking the Center and guards so the LB can come scott free though the line.

Great blog tho...EA Team definitely making good strides

splff3000 03-24-2010 12:23 PM

It actually sounds really good, but ( you know there's always a big but in there) where are the vids? We have vids of the wrong catches, but where are the vids of the right catches. Until I see actual vids, it's all talk, like last year. Still though, it all sounds good. I'm just waiting on that vid now. :y7:

TheWatcher 03-24-2010 12:32 PM

Something odd is happening. I don't see anything when I click the link just a blank page that says "catch tuning". And in this thread I only see 2 posts... 1 from the OP and another from splff3000... cleaned my browser cache out... still nothing.

splff3000 03-24-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWatcher (Post 2040888567)
Something odd is happening. I don't see anything when I click the link just a blank page that says "catch tuning". And in this thread I only see 2 posts... 1 from the OP and another from splff3000... cleaned my browser cache out... still nothing.

Yeah that's a little crazy. We're on page 2 already.

As for the blog, one other thing I'd like to add. I really really really hope that the receiver animation triggered takes into account awareness and route running. I really don't want to see Darius Heyward Bey make tip toe sideline catches just because it's the right situation. At least not until he can start making regular catches in real life lol.

PantherBeast_OS 03-24-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWatcher (Post 2040888567)

:nocomprende: Yea the same thing is happening to me aswell. What is going on here.:y3:

SageInfinite 03-24-2010 12:44 PM

Nice blog, as others have said though, I'll believe it when I see it.

Bootzilla 03-24-2010 12:46 PM

Good to see this is a point of emphasis. It'll be nice to see receivers run through catches. Also, although not specifically mentioned, I really hope they do something with the over the shoulder catch. It fired far to frequently and at the wrong time. Hopefully they mo-capped more head tracking and torso turning animations as well as making the receivers and defenders go aggressively to the ball. I patiently await more positive news (o-line/d-line interaction, 3-4 defensive principles, running animations, stat engine, formation subs, the removal of Tom Hammonds.)