Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Coaching Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   So many choices...which one... (/forums/showthread.php?t=406096)

Aurabolt127 03-25-2010 07:10 PM

So many choices...which one...

I did a Seattle one a long while ago, and am looking to pick up the game again and start a new franchise. Now I'm trying to decide which one to do...skipping all the usual ones - SO - I'm looking for some input...

Trying to find one that maybe people haven't done or done in a while or done well or whatever...

My thoughts were - Green Bay, maybe Tampa or Philly? I want to avoid the easy/obvious ones like Oakland/Miami/Wash/KC/Detroit/etc... If I did something like San Diego or Pitt, I'd have to trade the QB or something to make it a challenge...

What do you think?

Skarecrow 03-25-2010 09:05 PM

Re: So many choices...which one...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurabolt127 (Post 2040893315)
I did a Seattle one a long while ago, and am looking to pick up the game again and start a new franchise. Now I'm trying to decide which one to do...skipping all the usual ones - SO - I'm looking for some input...

Trying to find one that maybe people haven't done or done in a while or done well or whatever...

My thoughts were - Green Bay, maybe Tampa or Philly? I want to avoid the easy/obvious ones like Oakland/Miami/Wash/KC/Detroit/etc... If I did something like San Diego or Pitt, I'd have to trade the QB or something to make it a challenge...

What do you think?

In my league, the Buccs became a powerhouse by year 2, after picking up Dane Morrow (who went Rookie of the year) and went on to lose the superbowl in a close close game (34-31 if I recall). I don't know if that's a fluke, but I'm not sure they're a huge challenge if they got that good that fast.

Green Bay or Philly may be interesting. I say take Cincinatti though. No real reason, other than maybe Johnson and Housh.

Jefferson2Lafell 03-25-2010 09:29 PM

Bucs would be good, maybe Philly

cloudedskate 03-25-2010 10:03 PM

The Bucs are always one of the best teams in my game. Pretty much every time I start a new dynasty, they go 14-2 or 16-0.

Aurabolt127 03-25-2010 10:56 PM

Well, I suppose it depends on what you do with a team, I mean, it wouldn't be challenging to say, take the Colts, unless you forced yourself to trade Manning or something and see if you can keep the team going. Philly or Green Bay seems interesting - though I saw the Rams had a vote. I suppose it's more a matter of trying something new, as opposed to the same old same old, I've been working franchises since it came out and I don't want to repeat myself. Thanks for the input, keep it coming...

kdmajoslin 03-26-2010 07:33 AM

I say try the Texans. They've got some talent in WR A. Johnson and DE Mario Williams, DT A. Okoye...but need the right coach to take them to the next level.

Every year I've played the Bucs are a playoff team...regardless of team talent...So I'd drop them off immediately, where's the challenge in a team that could sim its way to the playoffs...with mediocre talent.

Mike3207 03-26-2010 01:51 PM

Go with the Texans. Nice stadium, good cap space, and you'll be rebuilding a while.

Jefferson2Lafell 03-26-2010 03:48 PM

Well i wanted to see a Bucs chise with a youth movement. Get rid of Garcia, Brooks, Barber, ect. to make it difficult.