Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   WHAT ABOUT THE ION HELMETS? (/forums/showthread.php?t=407892)

kjhen 04-04-2010 01:50 PM

WHAT ABOUT THE ION HELMETS?

I know the Revo Speed is added this year for new helmets but what about the Ion Schutt 4D? it seems like EA only added 1 new helmet for ncaa 11! because in the list of new equipment they only mention 1 new helmet which is the Revo Speed. I'm going to be dissapointed if this is the only new helmet they added. The ION is worn by numerous amounts of college players especially Penn State. I hope EA didn't half *** on seaching for new equipment.

da ThRONe 04-04-2010 01:57 PM

Re: WHAT ABOUT THE ION HELMETS?

Just a guess ,but if they havent mentioned it I'm leaning strongly towards no.

Watson 04-04-2010 02:26 PM

EA didn't put in ION+ helmets=EA Half assed it
EA didn't fix gameplay=EA Half assed it.

SmoovieKing 04-04-2010 08:19 PM

they also are forgetting the Schutt Air XP which is another helmet that is worn by lots of college players.

Hiro1 04-05-2010 02:38 AM

Yea this is a pretty dominantly worn helmet. Air xp

wisecav 04-05-2010 04:14 AM

Oh I hope the Ion is in '11. But I highly doubt it will be. If I was a betting man.. I'd bet it's definitely not gunna be in.

kjhen 04-05-2010 10:32 AM

these helmets have been in request since EA was developing NCAA 10. how could they possibly not have seen these helmets while developing the game. Whoever the dev team has as the equipment guy slacked tremendously. it's almost as i ftheir too lazy to look around and actually try to make the game as authentic as possible. I mean do they not watch college football on saturdays and see some of these helmets that the players are wearing

Gossennator 04-05-2010 01:31 PM

I really think they only reason they added the Revo Speed was because they were in Madden 10 and that makes the rendering a lot easier for the NCAA art team (my theory anyway).