Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Anyone think we'll see interactive sidelines this year? (/forums/showthread.php?t=409702)

ch46647 04-13-2010 09:25 AM

Anyone think we'll see interactive sidelines this year?

I would love to see the sidelines come alive with players and coaches that actually look like the players on the field. It really takes away from the immersion when the sideline has a bunch of cardboard cutouts just standing around and never moving.

I do not think interactive sidelines is more important then gameplay, franchise mode, or presentation but it would be so exciting to intercept a pass and see your players react accordingly on the sideline.

roadman 04-13-2010 09:27 AM

Re: Anyone think we'll see interactive sidelines this year?

I don't know if that will happen on the NG systems.

I remember a big thread on that last year and Ian stated they would be giving up a lot of graphics if they had interactive sidelines.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, either.

ch46647 04-13-2010 09:31 AM

The only thing that gives me hope is the graphics from Madden 11 to Madden 10 dont seem to have taken a huge leap (atleast from the pictures, and small video in the blog we were given) and obviously the art team has been working on something over the course of the year.

I would expect to see some large improvement in either the sidelines, or the crowd this year.

canes21 04-13-2010 09:31 AM

2k8 had it and their graphics were just fine. Sure, they may not be the best, but I think everyone would agree 2k8 had perfectly fine graphics. I'd go with 2k8's graphics over Madden's if we got all the additions they say aren't going in because of graphics. Like dreads in NCAA, or interactive sidelines, or helmets in the pro bowl.

TheWatcher 04-13-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2040952387)
I don't know if that will happen on the NG systems.

I remember a big thread on that last year and Ian stated they would be giving up a lot of graphics if they had interactive sidelines.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, either.

I'm sure it will happen in the next generation (XBOX 720, PS4). But it's not going to happen with the current generation which is XBOX 360 and PS3.

TheWatcher 04-13-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2040952403)
2k8 had it and their graphics were just fine. Sure, they may not be the best, but I think everyone would agree 2k8 had perfectly fine graphics. I'd go with 2k8's graphics over Madden's if we got all the additions they say aren't going in because of graphics. Like dreads in NCAA, or interactive sidelines, or helmets in the pro bowl.

That grass was an abomination.

ch46647 04-13-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWatcher (Post 2040952408)
I'm sure it will happen in the next generation (XBOX 720, PS4). But it's not going to happen with the current generation which is XBOX 360 and PS3.

Well since The Watcher was a community day member I guess there is our answer.

ch46647 04-13-2010 09:40 AM

But since your in here The Watcher what was your overall feel for the Community Day this year? Im not asking specifics but just if you have a good feeling about M11 this year or not..

Thanks