Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   An idea for Sony and 2K re: football (/forums/showthread.php?t=410447)

Snake65 04-17-2010 05:53 PM

An idea for Sony and 2K re: football

Hey lets face it......money rules! While we love the 2K series and beg for its NFL return we may never see it. My idea benefits ALL parties involved will happy. So why not this:

1) 2K sells the "engine" to its 2K Football game. BENEFIT: 2K gets some cash flow for an idea/game that they can't make. So its collecting dust...why not make money.

2) Sony as a console owner can produce and NFL Football game for its sytem and NOT be violation of the exclusive. (as with the MLB only console companies can make a first party game). Plus since it can't be on XBox I am sure they would see a spike in system sales.

3) Fans.....we get what we want!!!! OK the XBox owners would have to buy a PS3 but hey if I didn't have one I would for that game!

TracerBullet 04-17-2010 07:24 PM

Re: An idea for Sony and 2K re: football

The exclusive llicense deal for EA extends to first party developers as well as 3rd party. So it can't happen.

dan77733 04-17-2010 11:32 PM

^^^^^

Exactly. 2K's MLB exclusive license is only for 3rd parties which is why you see an MLB game released by Sony and not EA.

canes21 04-17-2010 11:51 PM

Wouldn't work as stated. And XBOX fans could get another baseball game like the Show, but Microsoft needs to make it. You need to do more homework. :cool:

Snake65 04-18-2010 10:52 AM

did the 1st party violation happen with the 2nd contract with the NFL? Also with the MLB for XBox. I had an XBox and was so excited a few years back when Microsoft bought the rights to HighHeat only to do nothing with it! I don't understand why they don't make it?

So I guess then its back to what everyone says with football. 2K makes a game that is open to unlimited customs. Make franchise from 20 teams to 50. Do little things to make it different. Can't sue us users if we make rosters and such and give it free to each other.

elgreazy1 04-18-2010 12:53 PM

If Sony got the same guys or calibre of guys working on the Show to work on a football game I'd be all for it. Bring back either Gameday or purchase the 2K engine, dont' let them all collect dust. And of course, I'd probably sell off my 360 for a PS3.

canes21 04-20-2010 06:20 PM

Just because SCEA makes a good baseball game does not mean they'd make another sports game as good. Look at their basketball series. Terrible.

TheWatcher 04-20-2010 06:35 PM

I'd like to still play the prototype of Road To Sunday, the Sony football game that got cancelled.

I doubt either company will come back to football, but if I had to bet I'd bet on 2K before Sony.