Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   UFC 117 - Anderson Silva v. Chael Sonnen (/forums/showthread.php?t=411580)

Phillmattic 04-25-2010 03:45 AM

UFC 117 - Anderson Silva v. Chael Sonnen

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18876/desp...dana-white.mma

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMAJunkie.com
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Despite UFC president Dana White's threats in Abu Dhabi earlier this month, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will not be fighting on the preliminary card of a UFC event any time soon.

In fact, he'll actually be in the main event.

Following Saturday night's "Aldo vs. Faber" post-event press conference, White told a small group of reporters that the upcoming Silva vs. Chael Sonnen fight at UFC 117 in Salt Lake City, Utah, would serve as the night's featured contest.

"You have to," White said. "He's the main event."

UNC_Pete 04-25-2010 08:49 AM

Re: Not Only is Anderson Silva Fighting Chael Sonnen at UFC 117... It's the Main Even

Won't stop me Chael is aggressive unlike Maia.

ManiacMatt1782 04-25-2010 11:46 AM

Re: Not Only is Anderson Silva Fighting Chael Sonnen at UFC 117... It's the Main Even

Hes a little cocky brash and arrogant, but atleast you know with cheal, he'll put anderson on his back or get ko'd or choked out trying.

El_Jefe 04-25-2010 11:52 AM

Man,Silva is gonna kill that guy.

Gibbz 04-25-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Jefe (Post 2040994868)
Man,Silva is gonna kill that guy.

Gotta agree with you. With all the **** Sonnen has been talking, you've gotta think if he pushes the action Silva will put him down.

allBthere 04-25-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrooks111 (Post 2040994896)
Gotta agree with you. With all the **** Sonnen has been talking, you've gotta think if he pushes the action Silva will put him down.

yeah...Sonnen needs to cut off the ring and get anderson close to the cage so he can grab him and hold on to him. With those long legs and wide stance, it's very hard to take him down in open space. Thales leites had a great takedown on him in open space but it was because anderson seemed to be throwing something...so counter-takedown a kick, or close in on him near the cage.

Otherwise Sonnen will lose. (likely scenario lol)

JerseySuave4 04-26-2010 03:20 PM

Dana should at least make this one of those free things they show on Spike like they've done in the past. I can't understand how he can seriously ask people to spend money on a PPV with Silva headlining after the past few fights Silva has had.

BSanders 04-26-2010 04:29 PM

I have to say Dana is giving Silva a harsh punishment.. Main event on a ppv vs another ground guy.:waytogo: I'll save my money...