Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Any point in having 2 signal stealers? (/forums/showthread.php?t=411743)

rickmitchell22 04-26-2010 12:06 AM

Any point in having 2 signal stealers?

Will one steal a signal that the other misses, or is it univeral no matter how many signal stealers you have?

Valdarez 04-27-2010 05:03 AM

Re: Any point in having 2 signal stealers?

I'm pretty sure it's universal. If you have 2, it's best to have one on offense, and one on defense. If you plan to play in any Sim leagues, most of them don't let you use the feature. Best to learn to read the offense/defense on your own.

elgreazy1 04-27-2010 09:28 PM

I never understood why it was banned in leagues and such, IMO it works as it should. A guy like a Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis are so cerebral when it comes to the game that they seem to know the opponent better than themselves; Signal Stealer replicates that perfectly.

My counter argument to anyone against it is Super Bowl 37 Raiders vs Bucs. The Bucs had a major advantage since Gruden created the entire Raiders' offensive scheme and coached the Bucs to dissect plays before they happened. It was so frequent that on NFL Films a player (Dwight Smith? John Lynch? can't remember who) went so far to say on camera after a key INT that he knew the play and was able to jump the route.

tpaterniti 04-28-2010 05:53 PM

I tried it and it doesn't work, so your answer is no.

CreatineKasey 05-01-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreazy1 (Post 2041004857)
I never understood why it was banned in leagues and such, IMO it works as it should. A guy like a Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis are so cerebral when it comes to the game that they seem to know the opponent better than themselves; Signal Stealer replicates that perfectly.

My counter argument to anyone against it is Super Bowl 37 Raiders vs Bucs. The Bucs had a major advantage since Gruden created the entire Raiders' offensive scheme and coached the Bucs to dissect plays before they happened. It was so frequent that on NFL Films a player (Dwight Smith? John Lynch? can't remember who) went so far to say on camera after a key INT that he knew the play and was able to jump the route.

Agreed. Audibles negate this feature and you KNOW when they guess it. I think some rules came about from some organizers of leagues who sort of juts took control of what they wanted and ran with it. If I was running leagues, I'd leave all builds and abilities open. I understand the arguments, but I don't think things are as extreme as they are portrayed. Signal stealer is a great example of that. Branching tackles, too.

tpaterniti 05-05-2010 04:24 PM

I know people's defenses probably 85% of the time without, and when someone is using it on me, they will only ever steal an inside run, which of course I will never use. I like to listen to music while I play so it is annoying to have to keep the sound up on the TV if I don't want to. Also I think it is kind of dumb because as I said, stealing an opponent's play is something you as the player are supposed to do mentally, not by pushing a button.

R3LeNtLeSs 05-06-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpaterniti (Post 2041030586)
I know people's defenses probably 85% of the time without, and when someone is using it on me, they will only ever steal an inside run, which of course I will never use. I like to listen to music while I play so it is annoying to have to keep the sound up on the TV if I don't want to. Also I think it is kind of dumb because as I said, stealing an opponent's play is something you as the player are supposed to do mentally, not by pushing a button.

Exactly. Most people in this game run just a few "money plays" so you just need to be able to pick up players tendancies.

s38s38s 05-06-2010 09:05 AM

There's nothing wrong with "Signal Stealer". Guys banned it because they ran the same damn plays ALL game, with that being said they don't want you to see their "Super Secret" hot routes. Also as someone mentioned above, the damn thing goes ding when they steal it, when that happens just audible the play.