Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   How do edited rosters show up online? (/forums/showthread.php?t=412719)

speedkills 05-01-2010 06:19 PM

How do edited rosters show up online?

Will the other player see my edited roster names or just the default?
Or do I need to be hosting?

CreatineKasey 05-01-2010 06:21 PM

Re: How do edited rosters show up online?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedkills (Post 2041017917)
Will the other player see my edited roster names or just the default?
Or do I need to be hosting?

they show up online regardless. Edited names even show up when viewing single player leaderboards - it shows "B. Sanders" instead of his generic name! Awesome!

To make sure your names loaded, go into "help and options" when you first load up the game and select your hard drive to make sure the file loaded.

speedkills 05-01-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreatineKasey (Post 2041017923)
they show up online regardless. Edited names even show up when viewing single player leaderboards - it shows "B. Sanders" instead of his generic name! Awesome!

To make sure your names loaded, go into "help and options" when you first load up the game and select your hard drive to make sure the file loaded.

Ok, but what if both players have different edited roster names? Which one takes priority?

Reason I ask is I have yet to play against anyone who has edited their rosters or so it seems.

CreatineKasey 05-01-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedkills (Post 2041017933)
Ok, but what if both players have different edited roster names? Which one takes priority?

Reason I ask is I have yet to play against anyone who has edited their rosters or so it seems.

You only see what you edited, regardless if they edited theirs or not. it's really nice. I"m glad I got it done... I'm really enjoying it now. All the numbers are correct and everything so the only thing off is the jerseys.

speedkills 05-01-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreatineKasey (Post 2041017946)
You only see what you edited, regardless if they edited theirs or not. it's really nice. I"m glad I got it done... I'm really enjoying it now. All the numbers are correct and everything so the only thing off is the jerseys.

So if changed KC QB to Joe Montana ONLY I see that online right? The other player still sees QB #0 Houston or whatever they named him.

That's too bad but makes sense I guess.

CreatineKasey 05-01-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedkills (Post 2041017954)
So if changed KC QB to Joe Montana ONLY I see that online right? The other player still sees QB #0 Houston or whatever they named him.

That's too bad but makes sense I guess.

Yessir that's correct.