Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Are there going to be assisted sack and tackles stats in '11? (/forums/showthread.php?t=412855)

99ovr 05-02-2010 04:59 PM

Are there going to be assisted sack and tackles stats in '11?

One thing that's always bugged me is how every season in Dynasty Mode my entire backfield would make the all-american team because they all get twice as many tackles as the rest of the league. It really ruins the suspension of disbelief and it robs the user of feeling a sense of accomplishment when one of his db's makes the all-american team.

This problem occurs because in the current iteration, when two players gang tackle, both players each get a 1 in the tackle stat instead of a 0.5. And since secondary players are always flying in to assist the linebackers, this results in DB's getting way too many tackles.

Does anyone know if they've mentioned this?

Solidice 05-02-2010 05:18 PM

Re: Are there going to be assisted sack and tackles stats in '11?

no mention of it as of yet that I know of.

if it is in, they'll likely talk about it one they start talking about dynasty mode.

Palo20 05-02-2010 07:58 PM

Re: Are there going to be assisted sack and tackles stats in '11?

Real tackle stats are usually tracked as a total of both solo and assisted tackles, not 0.5. I've seen some gamebooks that do the 0.5, but it's usually just Total = Solo + Assisted.

Agreed on the DBs getting too many tackles.