Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Did EA scout the defenses tendencies for what they like to do in down situations? (/forums/showthread.php?t=413043)

Droopy03 05-03-2010 06:54 PM

Did EA scout the defenses tendencies for what they like to do in down situations?

Will the defenese in madden be called like the are in real life? Forget the % of how much a team is agressive or not agressive. If your team has a good defense and the defensive coordinator is good like rex ryan or wade phillips I want EA to know what a team does when they have a offense back up in a 3rd in long order a 2nd and short.

One thing to kind of change the subject I think madden needs a playmaker rating. That would be the difference in Ed reed in a FS like ken Hamlin.

I Peench 05-03-2010 07:21 PM

Re: Did EA scout the defenses tendencies for what they like to do in down situations?

I just hope you cant come out in a 5 WR set on 1st and 10 and have the cpu defense in a 4-3 every time.

splff3000 05-03-2010 07:23 PM

Re: Did EA scout the defenses tendencies for what they like to do in down situations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droopy03 (Post 2041024142)
Will the defenese in madden be called like the are in real life? Forget the % of how much a team is agressive or not agressive. If your team has a good defense and the defensive coordinator is good like rex ryan or wade phillips I want EA to know what a team does when they have a offense back up in a 3rd in long order a 2nd and short.

I seriously doubt it.

BroMontana82 05-03-2010 07:35 PM

they need to fix the all out blitz in unrealistic situations leading to insanely easy first downs by the slot receiver on 3rd and long.

Palo20 05-03-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Peench (Post 2041024228)
I just hope you cant come out in a 5 WR set on 1st and 10 and have the cpu defense in a 4-3 every time.

I wish they would fix the personnel groupings on the 5 WR sets too. No team comes out with 5 actual WRs, it's usually 3 WR, TE, and HB all split wide. Some teams use 4 WR and HB more often and put them in "5 Wide.". The HB is almost always on the field though, there has to be the threat of a running formation. Some teams don't even have 5 WRs active every week.

Azcardinal32 05-03-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palo20 (Post 2041024294)
I wish they would fix the personnel groupings on the 5 WR sets too. No team comes out with 5 actual WRs, it's usually 3 WR, TE, and HB all split wide. Some teams use 4 WR and HB more often and put them in "5 Wide.". The HB is almost always on the field though, there has to be the threat of a running formation. Some teams don't even have 5 WRs active every week.

not true...

Palo20 05-03-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azcardinal32 (Post 2041024394)
not true...

What isn't true?

The Cardinals have Probably used 4 WR more than any other team the past couple years, but I still don't see 5 actual WRs on the field at a time for anyone.

Droopy03 05-03-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azcardinal32 (Post 2041024394)
not true...

do you think the panthers come in the game with 5WR active every game?