Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who'll have the best rookie season? (/forums/showthread.php?t=413710)

duckfever8 05-07-2010 11:33 PM

Who'll have the best rookie season?

Out of all the picks in this years draft, who do you think will have the best rookie year. I'd say Ndamukong Suh for Defense, and Demaryius Thomas for Offense. Bradford will struggle, his o-line is rubbish. That o-line blocks like a bunch of pee wee football players.

Antec 05-07-2010 11:57 PM

Re: Who'll have the best rookie season?

If we're talking ROY winners:

For defense it seems like it's always a LB so I'll take Rolando McClain or maybe Sean Weatherspoon.

For offense I'll take Ryan Matthews.

Amoo316 05-08-2010 12:04 AM

Going to combine the two as I already said on draft day that Oak drafted the next Defensive ROY and I'm going with Thomas on offense as well. Wouldn't be surprised though if by the end of the season everybody is trying to figure out how Dexter McCluster "slipped" so far.

beastsofboston 05-08-2010 01:58 AM

Probaly Berry stats wise. Mays might have a suprisenly good season.

splff3000 05-08-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antec (Post 2041038384)
If we're talking ROY winners:

For defense it seems like it's always a LB so I'll take Rolando McClain or maybe Sean Weatherspoon.

For offense I'll take Ryan Matthews.

I agree with this. McClain is already starting for the Raiders and, from what I've read, has already taken the reins of the defense. Matthews will get every chance to shine in SD. If he doesn't then it'll be on him. If that is the case, then I think Trent Williams or Russell Okung could win offensive rookie of the year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milbut (Post 2041038409)
Wouldn't be surprised though if by the end of the season everybody is trying to figure out how Dexter McCluster "slipped" so far.

Me either. He is explosive that's for sure. I don't think he'll get enough touches to win any awards, but I'm sure he'll make an impact immediately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriotsk1d (Post 2041038672)
Probaly Berry stats wise. Mays might have a suprisenly good season.

As far as I can remember, safeties take a lil while adjusting to the pro game. Even Ed Reed took about half a season before he really started making plays.

Stroehms 05-08-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckfever8 (Post 2041038318)
Out of all the picks in this years draft, who do you think will have the best rookie year. I'd say Ndamukong Suh for Defense, and Demaryius Thomas for Offense. Bradford will struggle, his o-line is rubbish. That o-line blocks like a bunch of pee wee football players.

Because Steven Jackson can run for 1400+ yards with a pee wee football line blocking in front of him....yeah. Bulger gun shy from previous lines held on to the ball way way way way to long last year. Throw in last years no. 2 pick at LT, a pro bowl center and a high 2nd pick from this draft for the RT, I think you can say that on a team with a huge amount of holes that the offensive line is not one of them. Call me a homer but I think other would agree.

On topic: Bradford will struggle but should improve as the season goes on. I think Dez Bryant does wonders for Dallas.

Hassan Darkside 05-08-2010 02:21 PM

I was gonna take the homer approach and pick Dez Bryant too. With teams giving Miles Austin TO-like focus and Witten still being Romo's favorite target, I think Dez will make his fair share of plays. Plus on special teams too.

I do love Demaryius Thomas, though.

bkrich83 05-08-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder (Post 2041039556)
I was gonna take the homer approach and pick Dez Bryant too. With teams giving Miles Austin TO-like focus and Witten still being Romo's favorite target, I think Dez will make his fair share of plays. Plus on special teams too.

I do love Demaryius Thomas, though.

It's really really hard for rookie WR's to make a big splash. Usually takes them 2 or 3 years to really produce. So it's tough to go with Dez or the Thomas imo. I think both will be very good players, but I wouldn't count on big numbers as rookies.

Matthews is a good pick, RB's generally don't have the steep learning curve to adjust to the next level, and the Chargers are going to give him the ball a lot.

On defense, I think it will be McClain.