Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker... (/forums/showthread.php?t=413919)

canes21 05-09-2010 01:01 PM

Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker...

What are your pros and cons for Backbreaker? What is it that you like about the game and what about it do you not like?

Pros

- The Euphoria engine will make replay value better than ever before. No longer will I know the outcome of a match up. With canned animations out of the window for contact situations, I think the gameplay will have a great jump for being good.

- Customization. The one thing that separates Forza from any other racing series is the amount customization you can do. I have spent more time in Forza 3 making custom cars than I do racing. Backbreaker appears to have a system that is better than Forza's too. I can't wait to make tons of teams. I hope its not limited to 32 Created Teams.

- Competition. Theres no doubt in my mind that this game has made EA try and improve aspects of their games that would have gone untouched. I am not saying Backbreaker is the reason they made pro-tak, but I would say Backbreaker is part of the reason EA is really trying to make their football games better this year. And competition never hurts. I would rather have Backbreaker stay unlicensed forever as long as it stayed around and made EA outwork them.

Cons

- Its the first of the franchise. This is the first football game Natural Motion is making in what may become a franchise. This means that they are starting from scratch and don't have 20+ years of making football games to back them up. This is probably the reason we don't have injuries or fatigue in Backbreaker1. I say that if Backbreaker becomes successful though, we will see them implement more things, but we have to support them this go around first.

Thats it. I really didn't have much to say because this game is a first time game so it will most likely have some bugs here and there, but I think they have an advantage with Euphoria that will make this the best unlicensed football game in a long time.

NoDakHusker 05-09-2010 01:12 PM

Re: Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker...

Pros

-Customization. This is a huge deal to me. I have been waiting for a football game to give me this much freedom in creating teams. I love making fictional teams and leagues, backstories and all.
*NCAA's Teambuilder is a fairly weak creation tool IMO

-Euphoria and all the physics based elements.

-Road to BB, promotion/relegation system. You will always have something to fight for, whether it be avoiding relegation to the smaller league or trying to work your way up the ladder.

-Putting you on the field, not above it.

-It's a new football game not made by EA. A different take on football.
*I'm not an EA *****.

Cons

-No fatigue/injuries. Not a huge deal to me, but still.

-Little information has been released about the game. SO many unknowns. I understand they are a very small team of devs, but they need to get more info out there.
EDIT: This is more about lack of promotion and new gameplay videos.

-Demo being released so close to full retail release.(or in PS3's case, after release...wtf)

GymRat 05-09-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndhusker90 (Post 2041042053)
Pros
-Little information has been released about the game. SO many unknowns. I understand they are a very small team of devs, but they need to get more info out there.

What haven't they touched on?

yardz23 05-09-2010 01:40 PM

yeah, at this point, we know all there is to know, we are just waiting on gameplay footage.

I can understand why they haven't shown that yet. All they are doing now is working on AI and bugs and fixes. They say the difference between each day of production is noticeable, and showing any footage with a hiccup or a AI glitch would only serve to harm the game since so many posters are so quick to point out flaws to discourage people from buying.

so they are just staying quiet and focused. Its frustrating now, but by the 2nd week of june, no one will be denying Backbreaker plays a decent game of football.

NoDakHusker 05-09-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GymRat (Post 2041042113)
What haven't they touched on?

Playbooks. How special teams works. Lack of gameplay videos and promotion.
They really haven't talked about AI either.
Listen, I'm all for Backbreaker. I just wish there were more videos and things giving us more of an idea of what it will be like as we get closer to release, that's all.

bkrich83 05-09-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yardz23 (Post 2041042127)
yeah, at this point, we know all there is to know, we are just waiting on gameplay footage.

I can understand why they haven't shown that yet. All they are doing now is working on AI and bugs and fixes. They say the difference between each day of production is noticeable, and showing any footage with a hiccup or a AI glitch would only serve to harm the game since so many posters are so quick to point out flaws to discourage people from buying.

so they are just staying quiet and focused. Its frustrating now, but by the 2nd week of june, no one will be denying Backbreaker plays a decent game of football.

this doesn't make sense. If it ships June 1 the game should already have gone gold. The time for bug fixes and adjustments should be long over.

Dianwei32 05-09-2010 01:48 PM

Pros
-Euphoria engine for player interactions

-Customization at a level never before seen in a football game.

-Road to Backbreaker

-Dual style running system (Agile/Aggressive) allows all the different moves to be mapped to the right thumbstick

Cons
-Demo comes out after the game is released (the demo will heavily influence if I am going to get BB)

-Little information/promotion of the game

-No NFL license. I know that the straight-jacket-wearing-insane amount of customization will allow for people to accurately recreate all the NFL teams, but it won't be the same if you can't name your team with one of the NFL names (i.e. having to use Rustlers/Desperados etc instead of Cowboys)

NoDakHusker 05-09-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianwei32 (Post 2041042141)
it won't be the same if you can't name your team with one of the NFL names (i.e. having to use Rustlers/Desperados etc instead of Cowboys)

that is false information. you can name them anything you want INCLUDING Cowboys.