Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Backbreaker Team Create vs. TeamBuilder (/forums/showthread.php?t=414221)

ephoph 05-11-2010 09:25 AM

Backbreaker Team Create vs. TeamBuilder

If Madden 11 has TeamBuilder, then why bother with Backbreaker if not for the gameplay, which is suspect? As powerful as Backbreaker's create-a-team appears to be, what can be better than being able to upload ANYTHING for logo and create your stadium too? Madden can go a long way in putting Backbreaker away if they announce TeamBuilder in Madden 11. It should have been the first thing EA announced as soon as Beackbreaker announced their team creation tools.

LeonM 05-11-2010 10:13 AM

Re: Backbreaker Team Create vs. TeamBuilder

I presume that the idea would be to bury Backbreaker.

Even if team builder was in Madden. In Backbreaker, you can create 32 teams and you can create leagues.

Customization aside. EA's gameplay engine is flawed. They keep adding animations into the game like pro-tak and locomotion but their engine is flawed.

The biggest selling point for Backbreaker is their game engine. Euphoria simulates genuine human movement, ability and awareness. Customization aside. Euphoria is the game.

I am a Madden gamer but I am excited to see a new football game on the market.

RaiderKtulu 05-11-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ephoph (Post 2041048261)
If Madden 11 has TeamBuilder, then why bother with Backbreaker if not for the gameplay, which is suspect? As powerful as Backbreaker's create-a-team appears to be, what can be better than being able to upload ANYTHING for logo and create your stadium too? Madden can go a long way in putting Backbreaker away if they announce TeamBuilder in Madden 11. It should have been the first thing EA announced as soon as Beackbreaker announced their team creation tools.

People are looking at Backbreaker as a game to play instead of Madden because they've already decided they don't care for Madden's gameplay. As someone who plans on buying both games, I'd love to see EA add Teambuilder to Madden, just because Madden's create-a-team has been absolutely pathetic for the past few years, but it doesn't affect my desire to check out Backbreaker in any way.

xNYGx 05-11-2010 03:24 PM

Ahhh I can't wait for June 1st. It shall be a glorious day (hopefully).

kjcheezhead 05-11-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ephoph (Post 2041048261)

I'd bother with Backbreaker because it's football from a different perspective. Form the camera to the AI to the controls to road to Backbreaker mode--It's a different game, period.

If your deciding between the two, let me turn the question around and ask you the same thing. Why would I bother with basically an improved version of the same game I've been playing for 20 years when I can get a whole new experience for $10 bucks less and can play it for 2 and a half months before Madden 11 even is available to purchase?

DirtyJerz32 05-11-2010 03:46 PM

This thread is not going to last long. I understand why someone would want to talk about it but, it's not going to go over very well.

My .02. I think the people playing backbreaker really don't care all that much about the CAT. Really people are buying this game because of the game play, that's reason why they wouldn't buy the other game. The OP called it suspect but, how many of them are really happy with the other games gameplay?

Having all of that customization is great but, the gameplay is what's going to sell this game.

JMD 05-11-2010 04:12 PM

Backbreaker is going to be a much better game then Madden 11. Nice Trollish second post by the way.

GymRat 05-11-2010 05:13 PM

It puzzles me how people question Backbreakers gameplay in comparison to Madden's. People like that don't need to be playing Backbreaker. In a way, it filters out the close-minded and ignorant.