Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Player bio and history info--player specific commentary (/forums/showthread.php?t=414301)

pw_1016 05-11-2010 08:45 PM

Player bio and history info--player specific commentary

I like when I watch an actual NFL game and a player makes a big play and then there is a ticker that shows on the bottom of the screen with a headshot of the player and their career stats. The announcer will also say something like, " well he's really come a long way in this league, in his 10th year out of Iowa, drafted in round 2 of the 2000 draft. He's been to the pro bowl 6 out of 10 years. What an amazing player _____ turned out to be. I remember when he was coming out of college no one thought he would be an amazing player. Look at how many LB's that were taken before him in that draft that became busts (then a list pops up on the screen)."

What im saying is that if they make the commentary a little more player-specific it would add an uncanny amount of realism to the game.

TheWatcher 05-11-2010 08:51 PM

Re: Player bio and history info--player specific commentary

I remember a football game last generation that used to have something very similar to that...

STLRams 05-11-2010 09:24 PM

Yeah me too, can't quit remember the name of that football game, but i made you feel like you where watching a real NFL game, the presenation factor was great. I wish that game was still around or that another would recreate or surpass they great things in that game.

swill43507 05-12-2010 12:29 AM

Yeah,..I remeber a game back in the day that had player specific commentary and it really added to the game experience more. I really miss that game.

canes21 05-12-2010 12:35 AM

You guys are obviously talking about NFL Fever 2004!!! :p

RedZoneD25 05-12-2010 01:20 AM

^^ If I didn't have so much faith in you kidding, I'd be offended. Luckily, I believe in that as sarcasm. :)

Sportz Freak 05-12-2010 01:24 AM

NBA2K10 does a great job with this. The commentary in that game is top notch.

johnnyg713 05-12-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportz Freak (Post 2041051650)
NBA2K10 does a great job with this. The commentary in that game is top notch.

You think NBAs is good... try MLB 2k10